• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is a thought about Ultimates...

4 posts in this topic

if Marvel can put out various Ulitmate limited series like Ultimate Secret War, Ultimate Nightmare, and now Ultimate Secret coming in October why can't they put out the regular Ultimates title on a MONTHLY basis just like Ultimate X-men, USM, and Ultimate FF? makepoint.gif Just read through the first 2 issues of Ultimate Nightmare and thought they were pretty good. They could have been issues #14 and #15 of the original Ultimates series.

if Marvel can put out various Ulitmate limited series like Ultimate Secret War, Ultimate Nightmare, and now Ultimate Secret coming in October why can't they put out the regular Ultimates title on a MONTHLY basis just like Ultimate X-men, USM, and Ultimate FF? makepoint.gif Just read through the first 2 issues of Ultimate Nightmare and thought they were pretty good. They could have been issues #14 and #15 of the original Ultimates series.

Two words:

1. Bryan

2. Hitch

Marvel has apparently decided Hitch is the franchise and are waiting for him to catch up. When Hitch was doing JLA, DC ran fill-ins in the middle of his arcs & that was pretty jarring.

Two words:

1. Bryan

2. Hitch

Marvel has apparently decided Hitch is the franchise and are waiting for him to catch up. When Hitch was doing JLA, DC ran fill-ins in the middle of his arcs & that was pretty jarring.

I wouldn't have mind if Marvel incorperated other talent to do the Ultimate series before the Hitch run. LIke I said before I thought the current Ultimate Nightmare LS is pretty good and would have worked perfectly for issues #14, 15, etc... Life will go on after Hitch's run is through. Just like life went on after Jim Lee and Loeb finished their stint on Batman. I guess Marvel feels the creators are bigger than the characters they are writing or drawing in this case.