• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 posts in about 4 years, or an ebay overachiever

3 posts in this topic

Ok, im trying to think up a spiffy name for this little diddy, but nothings comin to mind, and I wonder if I spelt(that's right I said spelt) overachiever correctly?

wanted to put 1000 posts , 999 moved to the WC, but that would probably get me moved to the WC, may get there anyway.

I wanted my 1000's post to be something nice and different, so I decided I was going to tell about a seller on ebay, a good seller on ebay, a seller who takes better care of me than my local comic shop does, so here I go.

btho5967 http://myworld.ebay.com/btho5967/&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2754

I first bought an Avengers: Initiative slabbed from him about 5 weeks back, he had it priced at 14.99 plus shipping to start on a no reserve auction, he noticed I won the book and sent me a message telling me he had come across a few more of the same series and stated he would be putting them up the same day and If I wanted to bid on them he could wait on payment and ship everything together.

Well, I won the books I wanted and paid him and had the books in my hands 2 days later, packaging was great, shipped the books really fast, and the slabs were in pristine condition.

I left positive feedback and 5 stars all around and figured that was the end of that sale, boy was I wrong.

btho sent me a message 2 days ago, saying he had put some more of the Avengers: Initiative on the bay, and thought I might be interested in checking them out.

I was really impressed that he remembered me, I bought 3 books from him for a total cost of less than 70 bucks(that includes priority shipping), he probably lost money on the books I bought from him, if he made any it was only a buck or 2, but still he remembered me and took time to send me a nice message.

Well, I read on here all the time about useless sellers on the bay, ones who rip people off, ones who ship out slabs in an envelope, ones who wait for a month to ship a book. I wanted to write about a seller who treated me perfect the first time around and is continuing to treat me like I am a top priority, even though he will probably once again not make much money on the books im bidding on.

A few thoughts on his selling practices, he doesn't have a bunch of books listed, but what he does list he starts out at a very reasonable price, most of them under 20 bucks with no reserve, ive seen 1 book(Spectacular Spider-Man 5) start at just under 25, but hey that's a pretty old book and you couldn't get that one graded at the modern rate.

So to you btho5967, I wanted to say thank you, and give you the kudo's I think you have earned.

And yes I have now added btho as a favorite seller, and its hard to get on that list of mine.

^^

1000 posts has now been put to rest, if the good Lord's willin and the creeks don't rise maybe ill get a few more afore my days are done.

Cool story Tiny :)

Quality eBay sellers are not the easiest thing to find... especially those that want... or care about... repeat business. Glad you found one sir.

Congrats on your 1000th post !

xxx ooo

Rupp