• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questionable Auction

21 posts in this topic

I got a job for all you scam-sniffers out there:

Too cheap to be legit

I was amazed when I saw this auction; 7 CGC books in relatively high grades with a BIN of $80.00. Granted, these aren't exactly fast movers and they're all fairly recent, but still, with $15 grading + shipping and insurance per book, that's a $50 loss or more. Besides the price, the odd combination of books strikes me as odd too. I looked at the pics and I couldn't tell if they were done up or not...if so, it was a good job of doing so. I also looked at the guy's feedback and he has one negative from a long time ago as a buyer. And he has sold a CGC comic in the past.

Thoughts???

That is Mike. I've done business with him in the past and he tends to do this from time to time. Truly a great seller. One of the few people I could stand talking to for a few hours long distance.

Looks like a good deal - I bid $70 and am high bidder. I want the Batman #400, so I'll take the others and auction them off individually if I win.

I have to ask. Why did you bid $70 rather than the $80 BIN? Now the reserve has been met and another almost 10 days are left and the BIN is gone? Really don;t know about modern books but the difference, assuming you keep the Batman, is about $1.67 per remaining book. I have to ask! grin.gif

Greggy, did you end up returning that Avengers 93?

I recieved a box of books from them, and had to retrun a bunch. mad.gif

$80 is the most I wanted to spend, and he wants $14 shipping, so it would be about $84 with my $70 bid. I don't really care if I win it or not, so I won't be upset if I'm outbid. If I do win, I'll keep the Batman #400, and hopefully I can sell the other 6 books for $15 each, which would basically mean I got the Batman #400 for free. smile.gif

When I first read this thread I was close to pulling the BIN trigger but when I saw the shipping charge I couldn't justify in my mind the $94.00 total. Nice books to be sure but over $80.00 total was just too much for this bidder. And I would have kept the ASM #322. wink.gif