• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I got nine graded including the two I've already posted. I'll try to get the rest up this evening. They are all from that same collection from the old store in Covington, Kentucky. The place closed up around 1961 and the owner kept all the comics in a box in his basement or in the store (don't know which or even if it is both).

He passed away and his wife and son have kept them until she/he started to sell them off a year and a half ago. The JLA 1-3 that sold for $105k (combined) on Pedigree Comics came from the same collection. There is an incredible collection of Mad magazines that are likely the top copies available, it's just to one wants to buy them.

Comic Book World in Florence, KY still has a number of graded copies left including the 9.6 TTA 16. I've got about 50 books from the collection but all are raw except the nine I just got graded. Titles include Space War, Tales of the Unknown, The Double Life of Private Strong, TTA, TOS, JIM (only one issue - #66), Konga, Gorgo, Jughead's Fantasy, Strange Worlds and probably a few other titles I've forgotten. Page quality isn't the best but there almost all the top graded copies for each issue come from that collection.

Just in from CGC and I thought you guys might like it.

TTA1294.jpg

Great book. I'm having trouble breathing looking at it. (worship)

DRX.......................................................dialing 911.

Just in from CGC and I thought you guys might like it.

TTA1294.jpg

Great book. I'm having trouble breathing looking at it. (worship)

DRX.......................................................dialing 911.

The HG super sweetness continues + continues!!!! :banana::golfclap::takeit:

Here's some of what I just got back.

JIM6690.jpg

TOS0790.jpg

TOS1092.jpg

TOS1492.jpg

Cheetah...I recall when you first posted these how amazing they were...how they were all most likely 9.0 or better and most likely best known copies if you ever chose to send them in...absolutely STUNNING copies...wish I knew you better or lived closer to see them first hand...CONGRATS! :headbang:

Tom

When I saw them I knew I had to either buy them or regret it for a very long time. I've NEVER regretted buying them.

Edited by cheetah

Here's some of what I just got back.

JIM6690.jpg

TOS0790.jpg

TOS1092.jpg

TOS1492.jpg

Cheetah...I recall when you first posted these how amazing they were...how they were all most likely 9.0 or better and most likely best known copies if you ever chose to send them in...absolutely STUNNING copies...wish I knew you better or lived closer to see them first hand...CONGRATS! :headbang:

Tom

Careful Cheetah, sounds like Tom is planning on a visit. ;) As long as you give him a nice firm sofa and a stack of pre-heros, he should be content for a couple weeks...