• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Steve...HG for Pre-Heros starts at FNVF! :baiting:

I know - but some moisture damage, rusty staples, and/or a few other minor defects bring them down to mid-grade. I actually don't mind because I can read/handle them at ease and didn't have to pay nosebleed prices.

All day long, baby...

TTA_09.jpg

Last night, I stumbled across the Droom! story by accident (it's reprinted in Fantasy Masterpieces 8), and while I very much liked the first half of the story (it reminded of a classic B-movie '50's plot), the second half scripting (and ending) was just awful - one of the worst I've ever read in comics.

I'm starting to see that these pre-hero monster stories are hit-and-miss, if that initial assessment is correct. Still cool books, though.

Last night, I stumbled across the Droom! story by accident (it's reprinted in Fantasy Masterpieces 8), and while I very much liked the first half of the story (it reminded of a classic B-movie '50's plot), the second half scripting (and ending) was just awful - one of the worst I've ever read in comics.

I'm starting to see that these pre-hero monster stories are hit-and-miss, if that initial assessment is correct. Still cool books, though.

I think that this could be said of any comic title or character. You'll get a clunker if you read anything long enough, pre-hero included.

The pre-hero books get a lot of mileage out of being quaint. Part of the fun is guessing how they're going to end.

That's an excellent description, KJ - some endings are obvious, and a few are like jokes where no one laughs at the punch line. But for the most part (in my limited reading so far), they indeed have that quaint feel.

Really glad I got into these books - more on the way...

There are definitely some real dogs in the genre, but there are also quite a few that are as fresh as when they were first penned....almost timeless. ST 89 with Fin Fang Foom never ceases to entertain me.....kind of like Grimm's Fairy Tales for the Atomic Age. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I got a pair of high grade 9's!

TOS_09.jpg

TTA_09.jpg

Nice! I won both these books on Ebay last week from the same seller, Still waiting for this package. Your copies look great. :applause:

Here are my copies I just got them in today. :headbang:

2012-05-08145813.jpg[/img]

2012-05-08145855.jpg[/img]