• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,226 posts in this topic

Yep. I opened a case with eBay ASAP when I heard back from cheetah, and the case is saying that the seller is issuing a full refund. That refund is due to arrive on 9/23. So assuming that that actually happens it looks like everything will be ok, for me anyway. Hopefully Rich and whoever else was scammed won't have any problems with a refund either.

EDIT: I checked my e-mail and there was also an e-mail from this gargux (the seller). He claimed he was also scammed, anyway he offered to do a refund. Since I initiated the claim through eBay it came as an e-check that will need 4 days to clear, but the good news is that it seems I will get my money back. As soon as I hear back from the detective on the case as to where the book needs to go I will get on returning it to the dealer.

It sucks to lose the book, but it is nice when stolen property can be returned and the right thing can be done.

Edited by mysterio

So I just got an e-mail to the address attached to my Paypal that the Strange Worlds #5 that I bought on eBay from gargux was stolen property! Did anyone else who bought get the same e-mail? I'm not sure if this is legit or a scam...

Unfortunately not a scam. Got an email from a detective from Kentucky stating that the TOS #8 9.0 I won on ebay was stolen and must be returned. :censored::mad::tonofbricks:

I am going to see if the store would be willing to sell me the Strange Worlds #5 for the original winning eBay bid. If these were books for sale anyway maybe they would consider it. I would just send them the money I get back from eBay/Paypal once the case concludes. Worth a shot anyway.

I've been picking up mid to lower grade copies to see were I am going to concentrate my efforts first. I picked up the AA6 from Jimjum the rest off the boards. I have been checking out Worlds of Fantasy for some time and seem to see the same issues over and over again. It was a nice to see this one so I bought it.

ph%20009_zps984121ad.jpg

ph%20008_zps74c51663.jpg

ph%20004_zps37dea6b9.jpg

ph%20002_zps686370c8.jpg

:applause: TTA #4 is so freakin' tough.

:applause::applause: TOS #4 is no slouch either!!

I definitely agree, but for me the TTA #4 has been just about impossible. It is one of the TTA/TOS pre-heros that I've never seen and have never had a realistic shot to own. The only slabbed copy I've seen come up was a nosebleed grade, and come to think of it Rich I think you own it!

:applause: TTA #4 is so freakin' tough.

:applause::applause: TOS #4 is no slouch either!!

I definitely agree, but for me the TTA #4 has been just about impossible. It is one of the TTA/TOS pre-heros that I've never seen and have never had a realistic shot to own. The only slabbed copy I've seen come up was a nosebleed grade, and come to think of it Rich I think you own it!

I just had to look at the census because I knew the numbers were dismal indeed. BOTH books have a total of 4 copies in 7.0 or better!! :o:ohnoez:

Here's how they breakdown:

TTA #4 has 1 copy in 7.0, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4

TOS #4 has 1 copy in 7.0, 7.5, 8.5, 9.2

I have the TTA #4 9.2(good memory ART!) which I paid strong $$ for. I had to settle for the 7.0 copy of the TOS #4, that book has completely eluded me in grade. Yes, I've seen the cstink copy @ the nosebleed $7500 and had to pass! :sick:

I can see paying that kind of money for that TTA #4 on Clink, I really can. I agree that it isn't the most exciting cover ever, but it is just SO tough. If a 6.0-7.5 copy ever comes on the market I'll be all over it, budget allowing of course.

My TOS #4 has all the eye appeal of an 8.0-8.5 from the front, but has three pieces of tape on the back cover that aren't doing anything structural. It looks like someone went crazy on a bag flap and then paid the price of carelessness one day. I've toyed with getting the tape removed, but I worry it would do more harm than good. It's still a really pretty book.

TOS04CGC.jpg

TOS04CGCbc.jpg

I can see paying that kind of money for that TTA #4 on Clink, I really can. I agree that it isn't the most exciting cover ever, but it is just SO tough. If a 6.0-7.5 copy ever comes on the market I'll be all over it, budget allowing of course.

My TOS #4 has all the eye appeal of an 8.0-8.5 from the front, but has three pieces of tape on the back cover that aren't doing anything structural. It looks like someone went crazy on a bag flap and then paid the price of carelessness one day. I've toyed with getting the tape removed, but I worry it would do more harm than good. It's still a really pretty book.

TOS04CGC.jpg

TOS04CGCbc.jpg

I've still got my raw copy of ToS 4 that I got from Comic Book World. It's got a hefty case of Marvel chipping so I never bother with the slabbing.

TOS04CGC.jpg

TOS04CGCbc.jpg

If and when you upgrade... :takeit::grin:

Yep. I opened a case with eBay ASAP when I heard back from cheetah, and the case is saying that the seller is issuing a full refund. That refund is due to arrive on 9/23. So assuming that that actually happens it looks like everything will be ok, for me anyway. Hopefully Rich and whoever else was scammed won't have any problems with a refund either.

EDIT: I checked my e-mail and there was also an e-mail from this gargux (the seller). He claimed he was also scammed, anyway he offered to do a refund. Since I initiated the claim through eBay it came as an e-check that will need 4 days to clear, but the good news is that it seems I will get my money back. As soon as I hear back from the detective on the case as to where the book needs to go I will get on returning it to the dealer.

It sucks to lose the book, but it is nice when stolen property can be returned and the right thing can be done.

Update: my refund cleared tonight, and the book will be back in the mail tomorrow or the next day. It's a relief to have the money back in hand. :banana: