• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Did not do too bad on tonight's HA low-mid grade PH auctions... came away with around half of them (some were upgrades and others I just took shots at snagging good deals). Thank goodness most of you go for the bigger fish and not these relative minnows lol

But I am quite happy non the less... best part is I scored all the hole filler books I was after :banana:

getting closer to getting these sets completed (only 2 books each away from TTA and TOS sets).

JIM and ST sets are another story ugh :P

Anyway here are some of the books from tonight:

ST5093012_zps8863fe51.jpg

JIM69093012_zps0cc6e4d9.jpg

JIM70093012_zps0d061584.jpg

ST84093012_zps4bb17795.jpg

ST85093012_zps0b58e733.jpg

TOS20093012_zps91cc801d.jpg

TTA24093012_zpsd0f9a917.jpg

.....nicest selection in a while in that auction. I was cash poor and only bid on a couple and lost. A Heritage Fine is usually pretty nice. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think it was around FN. I like readers in the G - FN range. So I called it a "reader" because that's what I would have done with it, but it was a fairly pretty copy really and one anybody could be pleased with.

Those HA books were very decent copies. I picked up the TTA 25 and the TOS 16.

Bronty, that ST 89 reader copy went for 507 big ones. Congrats to HaydenTO, nice batch.

Thanks Rick. I can't wait to get them in my hands.

Wow nice selection. Issue #70 is a personal favorite of mine as its one of the first pre-hero books I bought as a kid.

I agree... just love that cover :cloud9:

And the TOS 20 is in my top PH covers as well... could be the great cover and the fact that it eluded me for so long. This one is actually an upgrade from my FN- copy so I hope their FN+ grade evaluation is accurate. :wishluck:

I think it was around FN. I like readers in the G - FN range. So I called it a "reader" because that's what I would have done with it, but it was a fairly pretty copy really and one anybody could be pleased with.

Bronty I would love to see your "reader" collection - prob puts my main collection to shame (thumbs u

Wow nice selection. Issue #70 is a personal favorite of mine as its one of the first pre-hero books I bought as a kid.

I agree... just love that cover :cloud9:

And the TOS 20 is in my top PH covers as well...

I think its tremendous as well... one of the very best... (thumbs u

Bronty I would love to see your "reader" collection - prob puts my main collection to shame (thumbs u

Nah..... you know, my comic collection is really quite modest. The last nine months excepted, I haven't collected comics in 10 years and sold all my better stuff then, so outside of the prehero stuff I've bought in the last nine months, I have very few $100+ books.

I made some money in my other hobby (that was originally funded by the sale of my comics 10 years ago) and have had some fun spending some of those proceeds in buying some cool old comics back. I'm just about ready to gear it down some :)

This thread should not fall to page 3!!! I posted this in my thread....but I think its cool enough to also bump this thread with....Just got this off Ebay.

Tales to Astonish #19 CGC 6.5 Presents great for the grade!

2012-10-18084211.jpg[/img]

And the really cool note on the label!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-10-18084654.jpg[/img]