• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

This thread should not fall to page 3!!! I posted this in my thread....but I think its cool enough to also bump this thread with....Just got this off Ebay.

Tales to Astonish #19 CGC 6.5 Presents great for the grade!

2012-10-18084211.jpg[/img]

And the really cool note on the label!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-10-18084654.jpg[/img]

Rommbu effin rocks!! :headbang:

I am not a big autograph guy, but one of these days I'm just going to have to get a Kirby signature.

Thanks for resurrecting the thread, too! I just bought a Strange Worlds #2, but I can't post a shot because we can't find our #@$%!*& camera cord! :frustrated:

Yup, same here. I don't like autographs, 99% of the time I will steer clear but kirby is a big exception :cloud9:

I bought a JIM83 on the boards that I really wasn't planning on because it has a big beautiful kirby sig on the cover :cloud9:

Yup, same here. I don't like autographs, 99% of the time I will steer clear but kirby is a big exception :cloud9:

I bought a JIM83 on the boards that I really wasn't planning on because it has a big beautiful kirby sig on the cover :cloud9:

Yeah Bro...Not a huge SS fan either...I have 1 SS book (FF #1)...and I bought that because I thought the book presented well....NOT because of the SS (Stan Lee). :sumo: Real happy to grab the TTA 19...It presents nice AND may have a Kirby sig. :cloud9: I see Stan sign WAYYYYY too many books. Kirby....not so much. :headbang:

yep, dead men :( don't wear plaid.

I actually really like VINTAGE stan lee sigs, they are harder to find and look great.

His current ones are sometimes just awful, big, sloppy, horrible placement. Don't get me wrong, the man is 90!!! But his signatures have definitely lost something. They don't look good for the most part anymore. The early ones are crisp, in pen instead of thick marker, look better and being harder to get are a lot easier to appreciate too

yep, dead men :( don't wear plaid.

I actually really like VINTAGE stan lee sigs, they are harder to find and look great.

His current ones are sometimes just awful, big, sloppy, horrible placement. Don't get me wrong, the man is 90!!! But his signatures have definitely lost something. They don't look good for the most part anymore. The early ones are crisp, in pen instead of thick marker, look better and being harder to get are a lot easier to appreciate too

Unless its a midgrade book or lower, I can't see getting that big, sloppy ol' black marker sig on anything. The book has survived from 1961 in perfect shape + now's the time to fukk it up? :sick::screwy::facepalm:

Another book I've had since the late 70's or early 80's....I actually had a slabbed 7.5, but I traded it for GA GGA comics and some cash. Of course Stan hadn't signed that copy, so it was a no brainer as to which copy to keep. :makepoint:

This is my club pass :cloud9:

I like my old Stan sig

well these are pretty much the last two books I expected to see at our local comic con (which in recent years has gone really downhill) - basically 18 tables of krap and 2 tables of pretty good stuff doh!

anyways, managed to pick up these two:

ST 88 8.5W

DSCN6013.JPG

TOS 3 raw - tough to grade. The cover is mirror smooth and ridiculously nice in the light, but there is tranverse spine creasing, and a dot of discoloration up top. 5.5? I can't overstate how nice it is apart from the spine creasing, but it doesn't come across in the photos.

DSCN6012.JPG