• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Very pretty books Dan! Depending on how hard they hammer the stain I could see 6.0 to 6.5 from the defects I see in the scan. I recently got a 6.5 back on a book that had humidity spotting. The colors on that #3 are just gorgeous.

Very pretty books Dan! Depending on how hard they hammer the stain I could see 6.0 to 6.5 from the defects I see in the scan. I recently got a 6.5 back on a book that had humidity spotting. The colors on that #3 are just gorgeous.

Great books Dan!! Sometimes we get pleasantly surprised at those smaller cons.

The ST #88 is a big time keeper!! :cloud9:

thanks guys! yeah I was really happy with both books. That's my earliest TOS and while I'd like a nicer grade the eye appeal in hand is fantastic and I always have trouble finding nice strange tales books so they were both pleasant surprises.

Thanks for the grade estimate Art. 6.0-6.5 was my first estimate as well but I guess I'm trying to be conservative and as I said I'm not sure what they will think of the discoloration. Hopefully you're right :) I was hoping to have no keeper lower than 6.0.

Same table had a #1 with strong colors but around vg. From the same collection as #3 and this strange tales. Tempted but I want a higher grade keeper and a lower grade reader.