• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Good luck with them! Keeping my hands off those (but working on others!). If you miss out on the AA #3 that is one I am actively trying to upgrade from my 6.0 and you'd get first crack if/when I do if you still need it.

EDIT: got the one I was really after (the AAF #10 8.0) plus two others that fell to me really cheap on lowball bids I forgot about. Will post scans shortly...

NICE! Congrats! :headbang: I lost the AA #3. Lost 4 out of 5 so far. No big deal. And I LOVE the one person who sent me a PM telling me the ST # 76 is a tuff book and he was going to be bidding on that one. Why would you send that PM? :makepoint:lol. I am ALL in on your AA #3 is you ever upgrade! :wishluck:

Sorry to hear about the AA #3. As for the #76, you know I've supported your quest, but you posted that you were going for it. So would you prefer that someone bid and not tell you, or be straight with you that they were also interested and would be bidding? Not trying to be a , but other people have want lists too. So would the appropriate ettiquete be to stay silent and bid, or give you the heads up that they're bidding too?

No thats fine. You need it go for it. Everyone has want list that they wanna fill. What I did was kinda outside board ettiquete anyway. But, I would rather not the PM saying...I am bidding on that. So stay silent and bid. lol I really dont wanna start a debate about it. No hard feelings on anyone bidding on anything. :grin::foryou:

No worries, not trying to start an issue here either. We all love these books, and it can be tough going after the same ones sometimes. I am sure we regulars in this thread bid against each other way more than we realize. :foryou:

So for anyone paying attention to the Sparklecity books tonight, was it just me or did several go for a song? I picked up the ST #95 for what I thought was a low price, and some others seemed low too. Not all, but several good deals were had IMHO, which is unusual for Sparklecity.

No worries, not trying to start an issue here either. We all love these books, and it can be tough going after the same ones sometimes. I am sure we bid against each other way more than we realize. :foryou:

So for anyone paying attention to the Sparklecity books tonight, was it just me or did several go for a song? I picked up the ST #95 for what I thought was a low price, and some others seemed low too. Not all, but several good deals were had IMHO, which is unusual for Sparklecity.

No problem bro! (thumbs u If that true...That some went for cheap. It might be because of the number of Pre Hero books they listed. I have never seen them list that many at once. To get top dollar they should only do a handful at a time. The same people are bidding on most of these. You have to make your mind up about what your going after. Cant bid on everything. Even if we would like to. Dont forget me if the AA #3 turns into an undercopy. :headbang:

I'm sure you could find a fork option down at the local hardware store, and maybe Sam's or Costco could supply the quanity of butter you'd need! You may need a giant pre-hero group get-together to help you eat though, shellfish doesn't keep long! lol

What are the grades on the two covers? I can't quite read the label on my monitor and I'm curious.

Here are my three pickups from the Sparkle City action last night. I was targetting the AAF intently, but the other two fell to me as bargains (or at least I thought so). All are upgrades, the latter two for raws.

AAF10CGC.jpg

ST80CGC.jpg

ST95CGC.jpg

It seemed to me last night that there were a ton of bargains in their final hammer prices, but looking again this morning there weren't quite as many as I thought. A few did stand out, like the WOF #6 in 7.0 for $75! :o Or the JIM #43 in 7.5 for $255 (not quite as crazy as the WOF, but still quite low for that book in that grade). I was an underbidder on the latter.

Fantastic pickup of the TTA 29. Tough, tough book in grade. Congrats!!!

Thanks guys. Some great books being posted here, I can't wait until I get mine out of the slab and into a mylar. Defintely one of the best TTA covers of the whole run.

for sure, congrats on a wonderful book :)

ST80CGC.jpg

Great books Bro! I have no idea how I missed the ST #80 :tonofbricks:..I didnt even see it. I need that one too. lol You have an undercopy now? :grin::wishluck:

Looking at the completed auction. You got it for a pretty good price. :headbang:

and I didn't see the 95 :tonofbricks:lol

I'm sure you could find a fork option down at the local hardware store, and maybe Sam's or Costco could supply the quanity of butter you'd need! You may need a giant pre-hero group get-together to help you eat though, shellfish doesn't keep long! lol

What are the grades on the two covers? I can't quite read the label on my monitor and I'm curious.

Here are my three pickups from the Sparkle City action last night. I was targetting the AAF intently, but the other two fell to me as bargains (or at least I thought so). All are upgrades, the latter two for raws.

AF10CGC.jpg

ST0CGC.jpg

ST9CGC.jpg

It seemed to me last night that there were a ton of bargains in their final hammer prices, but looking again this morning there weren't quite as many as I thought. A few did stand out, like the WOF #6 in 7.0 for $75! :o Or the JIM #43 in 7.5 for $255 (not quite as crazy as the WOF, but still quite low for that book in that grade). I was an underbidder on the latter.

Great haul bro!!! Congrats!!!

Fantastic pickup of the TTA 29. Tough, tough book in grade. Congrats!!!

Thanks guys. Some great books being posted here, I can't wait until I get mine out of the slab and into a mylar. Defintely one of the best TTA covers of the whole run.

for sure, congrats on a wonderful book :)

That #10 you got from Korvac is sweet. :applause:

Just back today from CGC. I may have a few cold ones to celebrate. Pic's are a little fuzzy and don't show the nice color on these.

preheroeslabs001.jpg

preheroeslabs005.jpg

preheroeslabs002-1.jpg

preheroeslabs004.jpg

And my purchase from Wizard Chicago. Book has really nice yellows and reds on the cover.

preheroeslabs006.jpg