• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

My plea to other Pre Hero fans. Worth a shot. Anyone reading this...I need 21 more Marvel comics to have all of them from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Sparkle City auctions tonight have 5 of them. They are getting alot of attention. Can you guys go easy on... :wishluck:

TOS # 31, TTA #32, ST #76, JIM # 58 and AA #3 (the last one I need for the set).

There are a ton that they listed...Maybe you can go harder on something else. I am showing my hand here. But like I said they are getting alot of bids and soon I will be shut out on them...But just figured I would ask anyone reading to help a pretty big undertaking along. :foryou:

Cross TOS 31 off your list...I just mailed it to you today! :baiting:

Just back today from CGC. I may have a few cold ones to celebrate. Pic's are a little fuzzy and don't show the nice color on these.

preheroeslabs001.jpg

preheroeslabs005.jpg

preheroeslabs002-1.jpg

preheroeslabs004.jpg

And my purchase from Wizard Chicago. Book has really nice yellows and reds on the cover.

preheroeslabs006.jpg

KEEPERS! Especially the AA #1! :cloud9::headbang:

I have thought about getting into Pre Hero marvels for quite some time. Picked these up over the weekend. I love the monster covers and the names just crack me up

044.jpg[/img]

Where...did...you...get...them...???...!!! :baiting::makepoint:

Oh yeah...forgot...8 of these... :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

My plea to other Pre Hero fans. Worth a shot. Anyone reading this...I need 21 more Marvel comics to have all of them from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Sparkle City auctions tonight have 5 of them. They are getting alot of attention. Can you guys go easy on... :wishluck:

TOS # 31, TTA #32, ST #76, JIM # 58 and AA #3 (the last one I need for the set).

There are a ton that they listed...Maybe you can go harder on something else. I am showing my hand here. But like I said they are getting alot of bids and soon I will be shut out on them...But just figured I would ask anyone reading to help a pretty big undertaking along. :foryou:

Cross TOS 31 off your list...I just mailed it to you today! :baiting:

Nice!!! Thanks Tom! Who needs Sparkle city! :headbang: Need 19 more. :cloud9:

Just back today from CGC. I may have a few cold ones to celebrate. Pic's are a little fuzzy and don't show the nice color on these.

preheroeslabs001.jpg

preheroeslabs005.jpg

preheroeslabs002-1.jpg

preheroeslabs004.jpg

And my purchase from Wizard Chicago. Book has really nice yellows and reds on the cover.

preheroeslabs006.jpg

Yes they are. Into the vault of no return. lol

preheroeslabs001.jpg

preheroeslabs005.jpg

preheroeslabs002-1.jpg

preheroeslabs004.jpg

preheroeslabs006.jpg

Yes they are. Into the vault of no return. lol

Great books, all of them. Congrats ! (worship)

Picked up my first pre-hero marvels this past week. Very excited :banana:

I am thinking about a complete run of Tales of suspense 1 - 99 and picked up #30 and #36 to go with 13 post Iron man books :cloud9:

I thought I would enjoy the hero stuff and the pre-hero stuff would be just a bonus but I am starting to feel the opposite. The more I look the more I seem to like :)

Picked up my first pre-hero marvels this past week. Very excited :banana:

I am thinking about a complete run of Tales of suspense 1 - 99 and picked up #30 and #36 to go with 13 post Iron man books :cloud9:

I thought I would enjoy the hero stuff and the pre-hero stuff would be just a bonus but I am starting to feel the opposite. The more I look the more I seem to like :)

Yep, the hooks are in and you have no hope of escaping the pre-hero obsession!

preheroeslabs001.jpg

preheroeslabs005.jpg

preheroeslabs002-1.jpg

preheroeslabs004.jpg

preheroeslabs006.jpg

Awesome haul! AA #1 is in my top 5 books of all-time, and yours is definitely a keeper!

This thread has been buzzing lately. I fear for the price(s) of some of the books I'm after at auction. :ohnoez:

We may have the occasional breather that lasts a couple of days, but overall I think this thread is in contention for the most active and passionate group in the Silver room.

To me this is one of the ultimate prehero books where the protagonist is very much a monster, but is also a great hero. There's that and I just got it and want to post it everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :insane::kidaround::sumo::headbang:

HULK180.jpg

:cloud9: Congrats! I have always looked at Hulk #1 as a transition from pre-hero monsters to heroes. Awesome copy! I'm saving up for mine (which won't be an 8.0).