• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Those are very solid and respectable, KJ, and you're likely to take us through to page 600...... is it me, or does it seem like yesterday we were pushing page 100 ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here is another batch.

photo TOS32_zps3b5af11b.jpg

photo TOS23_zpsb63866ff.jpg

photo TOS22_zps0e1bc48a.jpg

photo TOS15_zpsa55816d1.jpg

Edenwald copy

Shows you how difficult this issue is in HG. Practically every PH issue from this collection is VF+ or better.

photo TOS10_zps1a890a2d.jpg

Sam Peterson. Do we hate him for the writing, or thank him for the books?

]

Just super looking books K-J. That JIM #2 looks much better than a 4.0. What's wrong with it?

Yeah very nice comics KJ those look in pretty nice shape! :applause:

As for what is wrong with the JIM 2. Just general wear. The back cover is also pretty nice. Maybe it was graded during a strict period? Looks nicer then a 4.0 to me. :cloud9:

Sam Peterson. Do we hate him for the writing, or thank him for the books?

]

Just super looking books K-J. That JIM #2 looks much better than a 4.0. What's wrong with it?

Yeah very nice comics KJ those look in pretty nice shape! :applause:

As for what is wrong with the JIM 2. Just general wear. The back cover is also pretty nice. Maybe it was graded during a strict period? Looks nicer then a 4.0 to me. :cloud9:

...... paying extra for something exceptional isn't really paying extra...... you got a bargain on the 2....... it's worth double what you paid..... the world's just slow to catch up. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Amazing stuff as always, RS.

My runs of Suspense and Astonish are such that just these marginal copies made the "nice" cut...

lol

I alway thought that the story that Marvel was comparing the reader response of the "Man in the Ant Hill" to the "Man in the Beehive" was a lot of hooey! The Beehive guy is a crook who tries to steal from that bee-keeping Mutant 1%-er: Lucius Farnsworth. Farnsworth has some extensive mental power that can control insects and (we think) plant illusions in the brains of the weak-minded. We are not 100% sure at the end of the story if he can really shrink stuff (maybe). I dont think there was a lot to do with LF in a monthly series. However, Farnsworth would have made a great villain for the X-Men!

Edited by AtlasFan

I alway thought that the story that Marvel was comparing the reader response of the "Man in the Ant Hill" to the "Man in the Beehive" was a lot of hooey! The Beehive guy is a crook who tries to steal from that bee-keeping Mutant 1%-er: Lucius Farnsworth.

Also, there was no time to weigh the response; Ant-Man's adventures in TTA #35 started the very next month. The decision had almost certainly been made at that point.