• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,043 posts in this topic

Recently ended Clink auction had 3 HG books of interest.

TTA# 1 (CGC 8.0) $ 5750

TTA #30 (CGC 9.8) $ 4000

Str. Tales # 90 (CGC 9.4) $ 2066

The TTA 30 was discussed previously on this thread. What do you think? Sold too cheap, about right?? I predicted around 5K. The TTA30 just doesn't generate any enthusiasm, a mediocre cover.

TTA # 1 , holy *&%$. This book has just exploded in past 12-16 months.

The ST 90, I thought would go for more. Str. Tales in that grade are just impossible.

TTA# 1 (CGC 8.0) $ 5750

TTA #30 (CGC 9.8) $ 4000

The TTA 30 was discussed previously on this thread. What do you think? Sold too cheap, about right?? I predicted around 5K. The TTA30 just doesn't generate any enthusiasm, a mediocre cover.

The ST 90, I thought would go for more. Str. Tales in that grade are just impossible.

The TTA 30 price seems about right for one of the more non-distinct PH issues...the ST 90 HG copy is truly rare but another fairly non-distinct issue...

Righteous copy of the TTA 1! :cloud9:

TTA# 1 (CGC 8.0) $ 5750

TTA #30 (CGC 9.8) $ 4000

agree totally.

Perhaps this auction being so weak on PH hurt it? I know I didn't even bother with this auction as I figured all three books would go for more than I wanted to pay

well, I am not buying as much lately as I've got other things going on right now in my collecting, but I got this one out of the way, so to speak.

I'm not a fan of either this book to be honest, but since I go for 7.5+ and OWW+, I figured this was the cheapest I was ever going to be able to get a copy that fulfilled my requirements

B1E07D70-D593-431A-AB0B-84906B717D18-665-000000F8401B6953_zps17f79354.jpg

Really nice book. If it's the same book I saw on the Boards I almost went for it myself.

Even if you are not a fan, it's a good investment book = you won't have any trouble moving it. Congrats !

On a beautiful spring day when I was 16 I walked barefoot through the yard and stepped on a bee. Haven't walked barefoot outside since.

TOS32.jpg

Awesome pickup on the ST #97 Dan!

TTA# 1 (CGC 8.0) $ 5750

TTA #30 (CGC 9.8) $ 4000

agree totally.

Perhaps this auction being so weak on PH hurt it? I know I didn't even bother with this auction as I figured all three books would go for more than I wanted to pay

I thought the 9.8 TTA #30 could/would do a lot more than $4000. For a 9.8 pre-hero to do only double the 9.4 price of that ST #90 seems more than a little out of whack considering the rarity of 9.8 pre-hero books. But, perhaps the fact that it was a fairly nondescript book hurt it.

The TTA #1 price was healthy but also seems cheap to me. If I had that money to spare I would have paid that price in a heartbeat for that copy.

Adam, your TOS 32 ...... words fail me, gorgeous. How many WM PH copies do you have?

The TTA 1 is a very good investment even at 5.7K. This issue is only going up and up being a key number one issue. I do no think there a many other unknown HG copies lurking out there.

On a beautiful spring day when I was 16 I walked barefoot through the yard and stepped on a bee. Haven't walked barefoot outside since.

TOS32.jpg

I love :cloud9: and hate it :frustrated: when you post.

Mostly love. Touch of envy ;)

TOS32.jpg

CGC should pay YOU to slab your books! :headbang::insane:lol

TOS32.jpg

CGC should pay YOU to slab your books! :headbang::insane:lol

But then I couldn't hold them and view them as the Good Lord intended :(

Adam, your TOS 32 ...... words fail me, gorgeous. How many WM PH copies do you have?

Not enough! :cry:

Thanks, guys!

Wish I could help you guys with your want lists. But, no can do.

Prior to the Heritage, Clink and ComicConnect auctions, in many cases in order to have a shot at HG PH books, you could shop through a catalog like this one from 2003. Marnin Rosenberg presents here a very nice catalog chock full of not only PH marvels, but oodles of PCH from the Bethlehem, Spokane and other pedigree collections. Feast yer' eyes on these , mateys.

photo CCNETCAT_zps2a83b3ca.jpg

photo CCNETA_zps2bb16719.jpg

photo CCNETB_zpseca26ff1.jpg

photo CCNETC_zpsb376ddf2.jpg

photo CCNETD_zps114d16e1.jpg

photo CCNETE_zpscbb6e5a8.jpg

amazing, but... some of those prices seem very aggressive for the time.

I mean, I bought my ST 89 in the same grade, with better PQ, 10 years later, for only $300 more? :insane:

(some of the other prices seem more reasonable for the time, but overall they seem high for 10 years ago!).