• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

What's the most popular pre-hero key these days (excluding TTA #27)?

1) Strange Tales #89 (Fin Fang Foom)

2) Tales to Astonish #13 (Groot)

3) Strange Tales #97 (1st Aunt May & Uncle Ben)

The list of pre-hero books that would be a key for their content would be a short one, in all likelihood. The three above would qualify (though I am still irritated about the TTA #13). Frankie raises a good point about the #1 issues, but there again it is because of an external factor (the numbering) rather than any particular event inside the books themselves.

Some of the prototype issues that are actually prototypes, like the recently discussed TOS #16, should qualify for this list as well. That, of course, depends on what is agreed upon as a "true" prototype, which is a tricky thing to define.

I know what you mean but at the same time I think the deeper ones looks the more "special" issues there are. You have:

- a few "mainstream" keys as you said

- some books that have tremendous covers

- some books that have tremendous stories

- a few that have both tremendous covers and stories

- early issues that are disgustingly tough in grade

- a few that are genuine prototypes and more signficant books than is currently recognized

etc etc. There are a lot of reasons to like a lot of these IMO and a lot of reasons to break certain issues out, IMO. I don't think that's happened until now because really, until the internet age, you had to be a die hard to notice some of these things and if you did notice nobody cared but you. It was tough to share the info in any real way.

I have nothing better to do today but make another stupid video. I like pulling out some monster slabs and looking at them. And look at them. Click the screen to get it rolling.

th_slabvidoe009.jpg

And the Raw unedited sequel. lol

th_preherovideo001.jpg