• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

Anyone else with tales of books sold, and near instantaneous regret. :blush:

I had this book for several years. At this point I'm not even sure why I sold it. I do recall that it was bought by someone in the U.K.

astonishing_38.jpg

Not really any instant regrets here.

Long-term regrets, I got boatloads. Mainly around selling my SA superhero books back in the '90's. I got good money at the time, but man, if I would have kept one short box of the keys - ka-ching!

-bc

ps - cool book!

2 hours ago, bc said:

Not really any instant regrets here.

Long-term regrets, I got boatloads. Mainly around selling my SA superhero books back in the '90's. I got good money at the time, but man, if I would have kept one short box of the keys - ka-ching!

-bc

ps - cool book!

Thanks.

My biggest regret is selling my graded copy of Batman #121 back in 2015, as I had a cash crunch. The book had doubled about the 18 months that I owned it. Now it's quadrupled since I sold it.

3 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Anyone else with tales of books sold, and near instantaneous regret. :blush:

I had this book for several years. At this point I'm not even sure why I sold it. I do recall that it was bought by someone in the U.K.

astonishing_38.jpg

That’s a nice book. I don’t collect the title, but I purchased this out of the blue recently

AC53A82F-6596-40BB-B5F8-152DAE2642B4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I personally think it should count.  The Totem is an alien if I remember correctly 

Wrong book - Totem is a definite yes.

KCO102 - Johnny Ringo fakes his own murder by Kid Colt to pretend to be a ghost.

But that issue also has an ad for FF - so it's got that going for it.

-bc

I’m kind of glad CGC took away the “Laugh” reaction emoji to our posts.  Now I just imagine that people think I’m hilarious and want to give me the bald yellow happy head, but they just can’t.  The downside though is that newer CGC members won’t understand Greggy’s profile pic anymore