• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

WHAT happened to this thread?? Where is everyone?

Thought I would give it a bump by posting some books I picked up from the ComicConnect ( Metro) auction last month. They had some real nice pre-hero books. Their grading seems right on by the books I received. Sources are few and far in between for HG preheros , so when some do surface, we pay the piper.

Anyone else pick up anything new??

JIM 66 was graded 8.0

JIM 66

TTA 19 was graded 8.5

TTA 19

TTA 24 was graded 7.5

TTA 24

TTA 28 was graded 8.0 --- very tough book in HG

TTA 28

Hi John,

Nice haul! Those look pretty good (even for Metro grades) ;0

Those TTA's are really nice. I'm gonna have to get around to scanning the rest of my Pre-heros and put em up!

Bill

That would make us ALL drool.

Hi John,

Those TTA's are really nice. I'm gonna have to get around to scanning the rest of my Pre-heros and put em up!

Bill

UNREAL RICK STARR! Those have gotta be near Tops in Census! :headbang:

(I'll have to look 'em up when I get a chance...)

Is Bill intimating you purchased those from Metro?

I bidded on these books from the Comic Connect auction. I was told that these were not from their stock, but from private owners. I picked up some nice Strange Tales, also. I'll post them later on.

I never would have believed a 9.6 TTA #16 could exist. Cannot be many preheros around in that grade. Would love to know the history (source) of that book!

Hi John,

Bill

UNREAL RICK STARR! Those have gotta be near Tops in Census! :headbang:

(I'll have to look 'em up when I get a chance...)

Is Bill intimating you purchased those from Metro?

I was following that auction and the final prices were actually pretty decent.....and as usual, me with no money. Congrats Rick...that JIM 66 IS ESPECIALLY SWEET. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo. JIM 66 seems to be a toughy. I have two HG copies of the JIM 62, but could never locate the 66 in HG.

Several of you guys have been posting on this thread for quite awhile. I just recently got into the CGC chatrooms and wondered why I took so long. It's great to find other collectors with similar interests and willing to show off their collections to the rest of us.

I have an idea, why don't each of us assemble, in each our own opinion, the 5 most difficult prehero issues of the "big 4" to locate in say VF or better. It would be interesting on the differences and similar opinions. By combining the lists, an overall consensus could be made of the hardest to find in HG. How about the issue number ranges be:

JIM 50 - 82

ST. TALES 67-100

TTA 1-34

TOS 1-38

I'll start with the TTA and these are in my order of difficulty.

# 3, # 11, #5 ( many always have marv. chipping), # 22, and tough choice between

# 28 or # 32. But I'll say # 28.

Look forward to your responses.

BTW, nice books Bill. Your TTA #5 makes my list look bad, but being a WM pedigree, its sort of an exception. John

Edited by RICK STARR