• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CGC has no honor"

247 posts in this topic

He's a tool and called the Bruce Banner person ignorant for sending books to CGC. If he has no experience with submitting books to be graded at all, or knowledge of its workings and market he shouldn't talk. I doubt he even knows what GPA is.

8:10 into video.

U Mad, Bro?

I can't believe you sat through 8 minutes of that tripe.

I love the fact that he's sitting in his basement making a video that proceeds to rip on guys who are "probably sitting in their basements because they have no life."

lol

He holds strong opinions, has an unfortunate professorial tone, and drifts into ad hominem in a couple of places (e.g., CGC defenders on basement computers) but to attack him on personality is to do the same.

I think the greatest error of his words or actions on the video is when he hits the slab a couple of times on the desk and tosses it roughly to one side. SCS :sumo:

Some people just want their comics slabbed and the resulting value doesn't matter to them. Some people just want a reasonable assurance of the grade and crack them open later because they don't want the slab. Not everyone's life revolves around the money spent.

DG

That's fine, but many people buy certified comics because they buy online or because they aren't experts at spotting restoration.

Passing off PGX as a legit company with a high reputation isn't exactly looking out for your fellow collectors.

Wow, I really thought calling him ignorant to cgc pricing was the nicest way of saying he should do more research. I wasn't trying to be mean about it. It's not like I called him stupid. I watched one of his videos posted here the other day and he was talking about how cgc will increase grades on books to increase fmv fee's on walkthroughs. Also, I wasn't sending that captain america for grading, I was using it as an example.

I couldn't watch too far into it. But I've seen his GCG vs. PGX video when someone posted it on the boards before. Whatever points he may have he definitely loses me with how pompous he acts. Sure, we're all a little bit abrasive here on the boards at times, but I can think of very few people here on the boards (well at least not too many) who could match his annoying superiority.

Wow, I really thought calling him ignorant to cgc pricing was the nicest way of saying he should do more research. I wasn't trying to be mean about it. It's not like I called him stupid. I watched one of his videos posted here the other day and he was talking about how cgc will increase grades on books to increase fmv fee's on walkthroughs. Also, I wasn't sending that captain america for grading, I was using it as an example.

Did he even attempt to substantiate that claim? Funny how me makes remarks like that, and that GCG has no honor, but then he also keeps saying, "I am not anti-CGC!"

And really, I don't care if he is. There are a ton of collectors who refuse to buy anything but raw comics because in their opinion CGC is bad for the hobby. I disagree with them, but I respect their right to spend their money their way.

But when someone puts out videos with bad information that can get collectors burned, that's where I object.

and i really didnt send it to cgc, i sold it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=221216889013

Post that as a reply to his video. Half the video is ranting about how you were so stupid so slab that comic. And then he took it further, "I will probably try to claim he didn't really submit it"

You can't post links, but post the date of sale and/or the Ebay auction number to prove it.

If you don't do you mind if I do?

and i really didnt send it to cgc, i sold it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=221216889013

Post that as a reply to his video. Half the video is ranting about how you were so stupid so slab that comic. And then he took it further, "I will probably try to claim he didn't really submit it"

You can't post links, but post the date of sale and/or the Ebay auction number to prove it.

If you don't do you mind if I do?

I would rather just leave him alone for now, you can't change the mind of guys like that. no matter how wrong they are.

Only going by the first video in the OP, he really wasn't wrong up until about 8:00 in, with the "no honor" thing. It was hyperbolic and douchey. Then again, he's responding to youtube comments, so the douchebaggotry is apt.

Edit: never mind, I see the problem.

Only going by the first video in the OP, he really wasn't wrong up until about 8:00 in, with the "no honor" thing. It was hyperbolic and douchey. Then again, he's responding to youtube comments, so the douchebaggotry is apt.

Edit: never mind, I see the problem.

His wrongness is mostly in his other videos. This one was mostly spent talking about how stupid youmechoose was to slabbing a cheap comic that he actually didn't slab.

Some people just want their comics slabbed and the resulting value doesn't matter to them. Some people just want a reasonable assurance of the grade and crack them open later because they don't want the slab. Not everyone's life revolves around the money spent.

DG

That's fine, but many people buy certified comics because they buy online or because they aren't experts at spotting restoration.

Passing off PGX as a legit company with a high reputation isn't exactly looking out for your fellow collectors.

When you get your comic graded by the CGC, they guarantee nothing. You are paying for an opinion and a case. Nothing more.

For some that means a lot. For others, it means nothing. PGX is doing the same and they have a worse track record at it. That doesn't necessarily mean you are getting a bad book. I don't agree with many CGC grades. Whole threads have been started about CGC being more or less strict than in the past.

Anyone who cares about restoration should take the time to learn if they take the hobby seriously. Relying on a stranger seems very irresponsible to me.

DG