• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***PRICE CUT!!***Jaymole's $1 to $3 thread ** UPDATE ON PAGE 24**

243 posts in this topic

I'm in a nostalgic mood, so i will relate my story about this particular comic.

When I was a kid back in the 70's, I was a huge X-Men fan. Marvel had stopped putting out the X-Men books however, so I was stuck with having to read the old issues. Then Giant Size X-Men came out and I was so excited and of course bought it immediately at the candy store on the corner.

But it wasn't until X-Men #94 came out that I really was in heaven as it meant that the X-Men title was now back in publication. When I went to the candy store to buy it, there was a man there taking all the issues off the rack along with a lot of other titles. I asked him if he could please let me have one copy as it was my favorite comic and after much pleading, he let me have one.

After I paid, I went outside and he was tearing up all the comics he bought and was throwing them in the trash. He said this junk shouldn't be read by children.

True story.

That’s an incredible story – actually it borders in the realm of absurdity… :D

Was the man the store owner or some adult which bought the books to get rid of them?

When I was a kid back in the 70's, I was a huge X-Men fan. Marvel had stopped putting out the X-Men books however, so I was stuck with having to read the old issues. Then Giant Size X-Men came out and I was so excited and of course bought it immediately at the candy store on the corner.

But it wasn't until X-Men #94 came out that I really was in heaven as it meant that the X-Men title was now back in publication. When I went to the candy store to buy it, there was a man there taking all the issues off the rack along with a lot of other titles. I asked him if he could please let me have one copy as it was my favorite comic and after much pleading, he let me have one.

After I paid, I went outside and he was tearing up all the comics he bought and was throwing them in the trash. He said this junk shouldn't be read by children.

True story.

Whoa. That's crazy. Can't believe he gave you one.

Yes...he was mumbling to himself as he was grabbing all the comics so I had a feeling he might be a little "off". But I really wanted the comic so I had to go ask him.

I just couldn't believe he was ripping up all those #94s...what a waste.

True story.

That’s an incredible story – actually it borders in the realm of absurdity… :D

Was the man the store owner or some adult which bought the books to get rid of them?

I think he was just a little crazy.

I have another story about the #94, but I will save that for another day.

OK...for some reason someone cut out the first page of this book and parts of 1 or 2 other pages. a real shame as this is in nice shape.

Anyway, I will offer it here if anyone is interested

Jungle Action #1 $1

JungleAction1001.jpg

And here is another book in nice shape with the same problem. Another reminder to always check carefully the pages inside a book before buying.

Jungle Adventures #1 $1

JungleAdventures1001.jpg

Has anyone here ever bought, or even heard of Poll Parrot shoes?

Poll Parrot #10 $2

Promotional comic

PollParrot10001.jpg

:takeit: guess i gotta get this one too

Has anyone here ever bought, or even heard of Poll Parrot shoes?

Poll Parrot #10 $2

Promotional comic

PollParrot10001.jpg

:takeit: guess i gotta get this one too

^^

Poll parrot thanks you!

poll-parrot-shoes-diecut-bird-advertising-clock_400265657686.jpg