• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huh, never saw that coming.

52 posts in this topic

I know you can't compare an arm injury for a pitcher to a stick to the face. However, many players in the other three major sports could learn a thing or two from the toughness of hockey players.

If one's getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport, the least they could do is be a man about it. Some of the whining that goes on is unbelievable.

I am quite comfortable when they take a pitcher out that has some sort of irritation on their finger. Natural instinct is to adjust one's motion to accommodate the annoyance. The last thing any batter wants is an errant 97mph fastball to the head because the pitcher twitched or winced while throwing.

If one's getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport, the least they could do is be a man about it. Some of the whining that goes on is unbelievable.

I am quite comfortable when they take a pitcher out that has some sort of irritation on their finger. Natural instinct is to adjust one's motion to accommodate the annoyance. The last thing any batter wants is an errant 97mph fastball to the head because the pitcher twitched or winced while throwing.

But how can you not have blisters to begin with if all you do it throw balls all day? I use to train in Tae Kwon Do and the skin on the balls of my feet would crack open a 4 inch gash literally to the bone from all the shuffling on the mat. Did it hurt like hell, absolutely, but you just press on and work through the pain. A little finger blister would hurt for about two minutes and then you wouldn't even notice it after that.

Hockey sucks donkey balls btw!

:sumo: Too tough for you? (tsk)

snqfEmq.jpg

That about says it all. (thumbs u Someone post a clip of baseball fight I need a good laugh.

:applause: