• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what the BLEEP is a 9.5?

53 posts in this topic

and don't advise me to ask CGC section, you cant get a question answered there unless they deem you deserve to, which is really stupid I must say, I mean why have the section if they aint gonna answer questions.

so I was goin thru the for sale stuff and came across a wizard first 9.5, wth?

can someone please explain to me what that is? I mean if its a grade for just wizard then will mile high start getting 8.75's, I really want to know what is going on with that. Ive never seen one before, and never even knew of them, It could be that 9.5 was a standard grade when cgc first started(only reasonable explanation), but you think there would be more than a few out there if that's the case so please somebody

HELP ME!

???

that was a very interesting read, and now ive lost a little more respect for CGC.

sorry, but that aint right. that's something pgx would do.

lets sign a contract with wizard and grade their books either a 9.5 or a 10.0, don't know whose bright idea this was but, it shows everyone can have a brain fart from time to time.

I guess in the future when one of the big publishers decide to start putting out their own books graded direct to the market, then cgc will sign a contract to put them out at either a 9.7 or a 10.1,

hurry and pick up you variant Guardians of the Galaxy #50, 1 in 250 retailer incentive copy guaranteed graded a 10.1, high as you can go(for now) for only 3000.00, guaranteed grade by cgc.

aint that just stupid!

:boo:

that was a very interesting read, and now ive lost a little more respect for CGC.

lets sign a contract with wizard and grade their books either a 9.5 or a 10.0, don't know whose bright idea this was but, it shows everyone can have a brain fart from time to time.

I guess in the future when one of the big publishers decide to start putting out their own books graded direct to the market, then cgc will sign a contract to put them out at either a 9.7 or a 10.1,

hurry and pick up you variant Guardians of the Galaxy #50, 1 in 250 retailer incentive copy guaranteed graded a 10.1, high as you can go(for now) for only 3000.00, guaranteed grade by cgc.

aint that just stupid!

Don't you always rag on CGC though?

aint that just stupid!

nope, I own way to many of them. but for a company that prides itself in not even knowing whose books they are grading how could they have a different scale for certain books? answer the question, don't rag on me.

aint that just stupid!

nope, I own way to many of them. but for a company that prides itself in not even knowing whose books they are grading how could they have a different scale for certain books? answer the question, don't rag on me.

Both of you, stop ragging! :sumo:

I sure don't mean to sound like im hammering on CGC, but, this raises a lot of questions.

could something like this ever happen again?

where does a 9.5 fall in comparison with other graded books, considering, they were only giving out 2 grades to start with(9.5 and 10.0), and those 10.0 they gave out for these books, are they legitmate 10.0's or are they really 9.8's?

when im going thru ebay and I see a pgx I don't even bother lookin at it. they are a joke, weve all heard the stories how they go to a show buy a 8.0 book and then slap it in a slab at a 9.4 and try to sucker somebody into buyin that book.

cgc has a good reputation, but like many companies they have made mistakes, this one to me seems to have been a mistake, but, I want to make sure they don't repeat the same mistake.

If what I describe above was to be announced next month, that Marvel or DC has signed a contract with CGC for new released books to come with a graded option, and that option would have a grade strictly for these marvel books, would yall be happy with it? I sure wouldn't. Now ive been called a pessimist, and for the most part I see the glass as half empty, and I hope im speaking of a cenario that aint gonna happen, problem is, it could.

for enough money, everything is for sale, including virtue.

aint that just stupid!

CGC says that comic goes to 11

Nigel_zps6689487c.jpg

I sure don't mean to sound like im hammering on CGC, but, this raises a lot of questions.

where does a 9.5 fall in comparison with other graded books, considering, they were only giving out 2 grades to start with(9.5 and 10.0), and those 10.0 they gave out for these books, are they legitmate 10.0's or are they really 9.8's?

when im going thru ebay and I see a pgx I don't even bother lookin at it. they are a joke, weve all heard the stories how they go to a show buy a 8.0 book and then slap it in a slab at a 9.4 and try to sucker somebody into buyin that book.

cgc has a good reputation, but like many companies they have made mistakes, this one to me seems to have been a mistake, but, I want to make sure they don't repeat the same mistake.

If what I describe above was to be announced next month, that Marvel or DC has signed a contract with CGC for new released books to come with a graded option, and that option would have a grade strictly for these marvel books, would yall be happy with it? I sure wouldn't. Now ive been called a pessimist, and for the most part I see the glass as half empty, and I hope im speaking of a cenario that aint gonna happen, problem is, it could.

There's so much room for fun here ... can we keep this on the back burner until Friday please?

There's so much room for fun here ... can we keep this on the back burner until Friday please?

Done- What Speedy says goes!

For whatever its worth, i dont think the books were actually graded. They were a novelty. A promotional item. The one i have is no better than a 7 in a 9.5 case.

O ya, Posting in a tinynascarfan thread!

:whee:

aint that just stupid!

Answer the question!

Sir!

If we're being serious, only two books in the Wizard First program were ever graded 10, and they were legitimate 10.

9.5 was a 'quick grade' which meant 9.2 to 9.9. The books were sent to CGC from the printer, so they're essentially 'uncirculated'... which was the real point of the program. "Untouched near mint in a slab".

There were Wizard First 9.0 as well.

Neither the 9.0 or the 9.5 Wizard First books were added to the CGC Census. The two Wizard First 10s are in the census, but they're indistinguishable from regular 10s (unless you could see the label).

tools.jpg