• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taking requests

18 posts in this topic

I'm kinda bored and want to post some books on here to get opinions on grades. The problem? There aren't actually any specific books I have that I need grades for.

So I thought I'd take requests. One thing I've noticed on this forum is that books with more interest get more grades. Like, a Hulk #1 is going to get more people grading it than a Hulk #255. It's clear a lot of us want to grade cool books that are fun to look at.

With that in mind, what books would you guys like me to post so you can grade them?

My collection includes Boy Comics #5, 6, 8, 9 and 11-119, a full run of Avengers and all related titles and crossovers up through Disassembled, ToS/Cap #58-454, JiM/Thor #86-91, 93 and #95-up, complete runs of all Superman family titles from 1970-1986 (except Superboy/LSH), SSWS/Unknown Soldier #151-up, full runs of Jonah Hex vol. 1 and 2 including ASW and WW #10-38, a full set of Dr. Strange from Strange Tales #134 through the end of Strange Tales vol. 2 #19, a full set of the original Ghost Rider series include Marvel Spotlight #5-11, Wonder Woman vol. 1 #177-329, Sgt. Fury #2-up and large runs of Conan, OAAW/Sgt. Rock, DC and Marvel romance,horror and war and several Archie titles. Also, a smattering of Golden Age stuff like Wow Comics, Black Cat, Girl Comics and more.

Any requests? What do you guys want to look at?

The Steranko Strange Tales (151-167 odds).

I've done my Strange Tales #167 before. Consensus was 8.5. You can check it out here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5480516&fpart=1

But I do have a couple other relatively high grade Steranko covers form that run. I will dig a couple out.

The Steranko Strange Tales (151-167 odds).

I've done my Strange Tales #167 before. Consensus was 8.5. You can check it out here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5480516&fpart=1

But I do have a couple other relatively high grade Steranko covers form that run. I will dig a couple out.

Pretty, and one of my favorite Steranko's.

Now that I have got my Boy Comics #4 – and one staple is popped (it wasn’t the seller’s original description :( ) I’d be curious to see yours.

#4 is one of the four issues I am still missing :cry:

I will sell you mine for a great price :baiting: – only problem I bought it mostly to scan the centerfold game and a pair of stories, but in such a delicate condition I am sure that if I scan it, the other staple will pop. :sorry:

Kidding apart, I may decide to sell it, as I was mostly interested in having the "on to Berlin" game som if I find a coverless copy I’d be happy with that. Love the Mussolini cover but less interested in the content…

MS 5?

Ah, I did that one last year as well. It's funny, I really haven't had many books graded on here, no more than a dozen. But I guess this backs up my theory that people want to see certain key books more than others.

Anyway, here it is:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5482974#Post5482974

So beautiful in hand, if only it didn't have that one flaw. No complaints, though.

MS 5?

Ah, I did that one last year as well. It's funny, I really haven't had many books graded on here, no more than a dozen. But I guess this backs up my theory that people want to see certain key books more than others.

Anyway, here it is:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5482974#Post5482974

So beautiful in hand, if only it didn't have that one flaw. No complaints, though.

Ok. Thanks for the response.

:gossip:

GA Black Cat! (thumbs u

&

GA Girl Comics - who doesn't love those! :devil:

I think I'm the only person alive actually collecting Girl Comics. So maybe I shouldn't create competition by showing off how cool this title is. hm

Nah, I'll do it. Too cool to keep to myself.