• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

Hey, just an update... I've spoken to the guys there. They assure me that they are going to make this right. While I'm pretty confident that they were trying to get one over on me, if they do send me what I bought, I'm happy. I have a case open with Amazon and I guess we'll see. They were very quick to get back to me - I almost feel badly that I jumped the gun. I'm sure that I'll be kicking myself in the near future, time will tell... I can't bring myself to get angry if they are trying to mend the screw job.

At this point it's totally on me as I am well informed... I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

1) GL with them "making this right."

2) You didn't jump the gun.

3) If for some reason they do "make it right" by you, they still owe others money that they have scammed the same way they tried to scam you - but, really, see #1, above.

4) If you haven't figured it out, #1 above is filled with sarcasm.

5) Please, contact your credit card company right away for a chargeback. If you don't, I will have a difficult time ever giving anything you say any credibility or gravitas.

:foryou:

-slym

Hey, just an update... I've spoken to the guys there. They assure me that they are going to make this right. While I'm pretty confident that they were trying to get one over on me, if they do send me what I bought, I'm happy. I have a case open with Amazon and I guess we'll see. They were very quick to get back to me - I almost feel badly that I jumped the gun. I'm sure that I'll be kicking myself in the near future, time will tell... I can't bring myself to get angry if they are trying to mend the screw job.

At this point it's totally on me as I am well informed... I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

3) If for some reason they do "make it right" by you, they still owe others money that they have scammed the same way they tried to scam you - but, really, see #1, above.

5) Please, contact your credit card company right away for a chargeback. If you don't, I will have a difficult time ever giving anything you say any credibility or gravitas.

-slym

Gravitas.........That sure is a word that is seldom used. (thumbs u

Gravitas.........That sure is a word that is seldom used. (thumbs u

Well, after finishing the thread, seems it was a little overboard - I was suspicious that we had a shill on our hands. But it seems I was mistaken, and I even want to apologise to the OP for it.

Sorry 'bout that, MrHog. :sorry:

Oak - thanks! :)

-slym

OK, looking at the local affiliate's sites, I concur that contacting these two organisations is a good idea:

http://www.ncdoj.gov/

http://charlotte.bbb.org/

That being said, I mailed WBTV's "9 On Your Side" action team and described the situation in a little detail, and gave them links to the scammer https://www.thehouseofcomics.com site and to this very thread, since so many things are linked here that lead to so much information.

I didn't apologise for the memes, either.

:D

-slym

Your complaint should be written as follows:

Non-Emergency Incident Reporting Form

Monroe Police Department 218 E Franklin St

Monroe, NC 28111-0069

Phone: (704) 282-4700 FAX: (704) 283-0692

Attn: Sgt Mike Smith

Lt. Goforth

About me: (your details)

About the incident: (the details of how you were scammed)

Complaint: (explanation about the level of fraud, theft by conversion, etc.)

Notes: Any additional information.

Somehow this is worse than being screwwed directly because they've been so damn nice about it. I honestly wish it was a little less like date rape and a little more like forced sodomy.

I don't mean to be a 'prude' or whatever, but it is FRIDAY....But I find your whole date rape/sodomy analogy completely inappropriate just b/c you got scammed on some comics..."Feeling like you were date raped" b/c of a bad comics deal are a million worlds apart. I think you could have made your point, w/o such a statement.

2c

On the actual deal, I do hope you get your money back and listen to the sound advice of others here and those who are in the same predicament as you.

...and the date rape is the nice kind!! lol

I was an autographs dealer for over 10 years and I left the field because I could not compete with the fakers. Why would you buy a genuine autograph for $50 when you can buy a fake one for $5. It was beyond frustrating as the consumer simply does not know and when you inform a customer of what does go on and how they can better shop it just turns them right off the hobby altogether.

So I got out of autographs and turned to comics as they are similar in many ways to autograph collecting and for the main reason that there are no fakers, but I have been proved wrong yet again and what these guys are doing is the lowest of the low. All it does is tarnish the hobby.

Visited these guys website and saw the Hulk 181 for $200 and although I knew it was fake almost bought it lol a Hulk 181 graded 7.5 for 200 it was just an automatic reaction.I can imagine that these guys with there flash website pull in tons of victims each day. Besides committing fraud they are also violating copyright.

Hope I don't read too many posts like this as it genuinely pisses me right off.

Firstly, let me start by saying I never meant to offend anyone. In fact, I've really tried to keep my cool and maintain a positive outlook on the situation. As for the reference above, my situation is nothing like any violent act that anyone could commit on another person in any way. The reference was a dumb analogy which, in my mind, was so grossly out of proportion to the statement that it would come across as humor which clearly it was not. One of the things that I cherish about this board is that for the most part people are nice, pointed, but nice. I was pissed, and spoke quickly. I'm sorry.

Secondly, I've been enjoying myself a little with this. Mr. Neeley and I have shared the better part of 20 emails back and forth. They've been really pretty good in context to entertainment. In one email, he told me that he'd inadvertently sent me a JIM 83 and if I wanted to keep it I should send him the $750. In several others he tried to sell me other books. He reminded me about the JIM 83 and told me my Groot was on its way (which I have no idea what that means though it likely means he's clipped a Where Monsters Dwell 6 and created a frankentales to astonish 13 to pawn on someone else). They were always very nice and thanked me for my business. I was doing this to see how long it would last and was afraid that if they did stop writing, my money would be gone

At the same time I've had a claim through my CC company and Amazon Payments. Firstly, Amazon sucks for many things, but payments is not one of them. I spoke to a few people and when the appropriate amount of time passed they quickly refunded my money. The other interesting thing is that I was able to put up a review of the purchase on Amazon. It will be posted shortly.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I have my cash back. I'll miss their droglodite banter, and false promises. I felt like calling their local police, but didn't want to enrage the fury of a couple if ex-cons with no real jobs other than larceny and counterfeiting to speak of.

For the record, the blog was helpful with Amazon. Thanks for doing that.

At the same time I've had a claim through my CC company and Amazon Payments. Firstly, Amazon sucks for many things, but payments is not one of them. I spoke to a few people and when the appropriate amount of time passed they quickly refunded my money. The other interesting thing is that I was able to put up a review of the purchase on Amazon. It will be posted shortly.

That's good to hear.