• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I lost the Human Torch #12 CGC book by only $10

8 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2269322579&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

frown.gif

Would the final bid been WAY overpaying for this copy? Sure had great eye appeal for a VG+!

Shawn

Well - you may have lost it by $500 or $1000 depending if you has made an even higher bid - you have to dig deep sometimes to see that final bid be overtaken!

Now give me some insight on that tidy mark on my Voodoo 8!!!!!!

Who knows how high the high bidder would have gone? The book sold for just under 150% of guide - considering just about any Human Torch seems to sell for at least guide on Ebay, and #12 is probably on twice as many want lists as any other issue - that price doesn't seem out of line.

The $1000 dollar barrier probably kept it from going higher.

I was going to go after that book hard as it was on my want list as recent as two weeks ago but I have a few books that I am chasing right now so it had to wait. Also, I did not like the small scan and what looked like a stamp on the front cover? The cover is classic and I don't think $1,000 is too much for a book like this because it will rarely surface. I always figure that if you can list the book for sale the next week and you have a good chance of recovering most of your money then its not too expensive. I don't think you would have any trouble with this one especially if you presented it properly.