• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A losing flip!

82 posts in this topic

IS THIS the one that sold on Ideal?
Nope...this one was graded onsite in Chicago on July 20, 2004. There was a forum member who mentioned this book in his Chicago report that his friend had this graded. The GS X-men 1 CGC 9.6 is from the same submission.

Rhino_Comics.

Hi folks, sorry that I missed this thread when it was up. I have no idea how all this got by me.

To put some of your comments to rest, yes, this book was submitted to CGC by me along with a GS X-Men 1 just prior to the ChicagoCon and showed to a few people at the Con. It is owned by one of my very best friends who is a superbly pickly collector. I can't tell you how much he agonized over whether or not to slab the book, and these two submissions were his first to CGC. I just hope they won't be his last because he has a number of absolutely stunning books.

I will tell you that it is absolutely one of the best copies of FF48 that I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. And I do not say that in any way to influence someone bidding on the book. I stand to make no gain from its sale and so I have no conflict of interest. When I sent it in, I thought it would get a 9.8 and I was very happy to see that it did. Are there a couple of absolutely minor bindery flaws? Yes, but this book is certainly a 9.8.

The bottom line regarding the pricing is that there was a copy that reportedly sold in the neighborhood of $14,500 earlier this year. That led my friend to put a price tag of $15,000 on this one. I doubt anyone buying it for any price near that is looking to "FLIP" it. But if someone wants to add one of the highest graded copies, of which 7 currently exist, to their collection, then they might be willing to pay that. And who knows what it will ultimately sell for, maybe it'll get picked up for $15,000 or maybe less. It's certainly a key and it's coming up on being nearly 40 years old.

Bottom line is its a beautiful book and it's up on Pedigree. I hope my buddy sells it to someone who will love and cherish it because he certainly has appreciated it.

--Rhino_Comics

Okay, I'll play, for the benefit of those who weren't up on this silly thing when you tried to pull it off.

What you gotta do, Brother Liam, is get your own server, and post the pictures there...instead of googling them and then linking to them. That's all.

Now go in Peace.

Seriously.

Go.

Brother Red Hook

I'm still not sure what point you think you're making.

But I will pray for you. If Jesus can cure lepers, I'm sure mental retardation will be no problem for him. 27_laughing.gif