• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art signatures x2?

10 posts in this topic

You have a piece of original art from Todd McFarlane from 1991, would you take it and have it sign again by Todd at a show you know he was going to be at? Ran into this question today with mixed feelings.

Personally, I would have it done in a heart beat!! Nothing like have a x2 signature with a 22 year difference!!

Artists signing their own OA is relatively common.

As long as it's in the border around the artwork and not within the image area there's nothing wrong with doing it.

If it's already signed by him there's not much point to it, but I have pieces by Barry Windsor Smith that carry both his standard signature and his "artists" signature. There are Perez pieces that bear the same dual sigs.

If there's a big difference between what the sigs look like then maybe it's something I'd do, but only on the edges outside the main image area.

Artists signing their own OA is relatively common.

As long as it's in the border around the artwork and not within the image area there's nothing wrong with doing it.

If it's already signed by him there's not much point to it, but I have pieces by Barry Windsor Smith that carry both his standard signature and his "artists" signature. There are Perez pieces that bear the same dual sigs.

If there's a big difference between what the sigs look like then maybe it's something I'd do, but only on the edges outside the main image area.

Todd often signs in the art itself so I would say no to this.