• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

One can read books like AF15, IH181, UXM94, and others digitally, can they not? Yet those are sold for much more money, and I don't mean slabs.

Established collectible? Easy to resell? Decades of history and attachment to characters? .....little different IMO, Slym :foryou:

Not when you are talking about being able to read them.

-slym

(shrug) I guess I don't understand.

I am talking about people's ability to read a book versus their ability to collect it. To take your example to an extreme, why is TWD #1 worth so much? It has numerous reprints and is in a few different collected forms, yet it is a $2000+ book in CGC 9.8. And people want to buy those issues, not a digital version or a reprint.

IDK what is driving this speculation on MD, and I am not about to say anything else.

:)

-slym

I side with those who aren't killing the buzz

Yep.. looks like we are at a point where you are going to have people come of the the woodwork to mess on the book in an attempt to drive it down purely because they didn't buy any, or have sold through theirs.

Now this always isn't the case, but it happens more than not.

Conversely, you will have people pumping a book as well if they are heavily invested.

I've made quite a bit off MD already and almost sold through everything I have. but I have no plans to trash the book once I have sold through my investment.

And if this post upsets you, then thou doth protest too much.

It appears to me this book is following East of West summer pricing. $10 or so for the regular cover, $20-$30 for the Ottley/Forbidden Planet cover, and a whole lot for the LBCC/RRP cover. Timing is fantastic imo. I don't have the LBCC but I'm happy for those of you who had the forethought to buy them. On the other hand, Zacrew hooked me up with a bunch of Ottley's and I preordered the reg covers so I'm :wishluck: on those. lol

Edited by The Authority

Yep.. looks like we are at a point where you are going to have people come of the the woodwork to mess on the book in an attempt to drive it down purely because they didn't buy any, or have sold through theirs.

Conversely, you will have people pumping a book as well if they are heavily invested.

I've made quite a bit off MD already and almost sold through everything I have. but I have no plans to trash the book once I have sold through my investment.

Again...

Not true, bought more #1s for MD than any other 2013 image title. LOVED issue 1, but 3 issues in and I'm feeling different, that's all.

I dont think anyone is "trashing" the book, the conversation was about why its hot. My opinion is that its "hottness" isnt because of its content, I think it's hot because speculators know how fast some Image titles can take off, so people are buying now at prices they think will end up being a bargain if the book becomes really successful. I don't think that the majority of sales are related to curious readers. This is my opinion, and it has nothing to do with "ting" on this book. I still have a stack of #1s, I really hope it does well. My opinion as to why its hot is not tied to my desire for it to do well. 2c

That said, looks like it's time for me to pour another bday cocktail and return to the Water Cooler lol Sorry gentlemen.

Whether its shill or not, no one can say.

But you didn't infer that initially, your first post alluded to shilling with fair certainty. So you are retracting that and saying that you can't really say?

not at all, I said the Bullshido is strong, and its is. Books dont triple overnight without a reason. Better to side with caution, reason, and recommending people to breathe-observe-wait

But then, I dont pump any books. If a book is worth a price, nothing I can say will affect it. But lots of people on here get real bent out of shape if you arent on the "nowhere but up" train on every book.

As if even daring to speak a contrarian opinion is scaring the guppies away from their fishing hooks.

reading through the pages in order, that would be game, set, match on my last comment

pump on brother, heaven forbid I scare away some people you are trying to sucker. My opinion definitely has an affect on what a book is worth. (shrug)

I really like the book, but you cant deny speculation is driving this.

What is the speculation? What is driving it? There is no TV show or movie, and the creators aren't the hot-list names.

What drove tulip buying in Holland in the 1630s? That's the psychology to be looking at.

For recent examples, see Nowhere Men and Revival. And yes, you can say that Nowhere Men was killed by delays, but that doesn't change the fact it was driven by speculation, and therefore very killable.

For the record, I really like all three books! I hope all three see price increases driven by people wanting to own and read the series'.

What drove tulip buying in Holland in the 1630s? That's the psychology to be looking at.

For recent examples, see Nowhere Men and Revival. And yes, you can say that Nowhere Men was killed by delays, but that doesn't change the fact it was driven by speculation, and therefore very killable.

For the record, I really like all three books! I hope all three see price increases driven by people wanting to own and read the series'.

agreed, the hate was CRAZY in the nowhere thread when the Orange/Blue frenzy was at its peak. Ended up just talking about it in PMs with most people as it got too crazy.

I really like the book, but you cant deny speculation is driving this.

What is the speculation? What is driving it? There is no TV show or movie, and the creators aren't the hot-list names.

I've not read Revival so I can't comment but Nowhere Men has had lulls yet still sells for good money.

#1, #2, #2 - 2nd Print #3, #4, #5, #6 -- $68 plus shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOWHERE-MEN-IMAGE-COMPLETE-RUN-1-6-1ST-PRINTS-1-2-2ND-PRINT-7-COMICS-/321298035842?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4acedaf482

If I were a guy out of comics and saw this on ebay, I would call it a winner. The same can be said for the guy who bought these copies new. Some stuff is in demand but has a stigma linked to it. I can't believe someone is buying that set in hopes it goes to say $130 ? I may well be wrong but sometimes people are late to the show and still want tickets. It costs more to get people to give up their seats. 2c

People should just buy digital...that way they can just relax and enjoy the comic and give the creators all the money with no speculation involved.....that would be the logical thing to do.

Where's the fun/aggravation in that? lol