• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Awesome....I was being a touch sarcastic....congrats.....that blows a few theories wide open

you are the only person who posted about that book, which theory would that be?

Congrats to him for buying a book he wanted, he also agrees its likely on the high side for it too. I also agree with that.

The only thing I actually did say about that book, was that it was likely someone from this thread who bought it, and it was..... I said it in a sarcastic way, but as you said already, I was replying to a sarcastic post. (Plus i was waiting for an excuse to post my picture :whee: )

no theories blown, only points proven. Including that you have a bunch in for slabbing....

Edited by CBT

Awesome....I was being a touch sarcastic....congrats.....that blows a few theories wide open

you are the only person who posted about that book, which theory would that be?

Congrats to him for buying a book he wanted, he also agrees its likely on the high side for it too. I also agree with that.

The only thing I actually did say about that book, was that it was likely someone from this thread who bought it, and it was..... I said it in a sarcastic way, but as you said already, I was replying to a sarcastic post. (Plus i was waiting for an excuse to post my picture :whee: )

no theories blown, only points proven. Including that you have a bunch in for slabbing....

Since this is cgc comics and not raw comics....good chance i have some to be slabbed.

Theory it blows is just shills, investors and greedy speculators pumping the value...might be some collectors.

Edited by krighton

Since this is cgc comics and not raw comics....good chance i have some to be slabbed.

Theory it blows is just shills, investors and greedy speculators pumping the value...might be some collectors.

people raised those questions validly about the overnight tripling on the 9.8 LBCC, not the ottley.

As for the rest, the only people making a fuss when people questioned the validity of the price, were people invested in speculating on the books.

There is nothing wrong with that, its rather obvious really and to be expected, but it does bear pointing out. Especially when those same people are trying to trash others for merely suggesting an alternative view to up up and away.

The subjects been beaten to death, I stand by my comments and suggestions. Don't pay 335+ for that book, it sold last week for a shade over $150.

Edited by CBT

I am far from "invested" in this book, I just think that to blame the rise in price on this as "speculator-driven speculation" just because other books have had that happen is specious at best. I know you guys who believe the "s-d s" are offering an opinion (because you can't factually back it up) but I offer my opinion right back - that this title is getting more popular and more people want to read it. With only 17000 copies of #1 out there, I can't see how this is so difficult to imagine, it is at least as feasible (IMHO, moreso) as "speculator-driven speculation."

It is good to see a real collector chime in about spending the money he does on what he wants, not a speculator/flipper.

John91C - good luck!!!

(thumbs u

-slym