• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

cameo - only appears on the last page.

Issue 4 has cover and first full appearance, so this is the one everyone will want.

And as we all know, "first full appearance" means not the first appearance.

:whistle:

-slym

Back up the truck on issue 3. :baiting:

cameo - only appears on the last page.

Issue 4 has cover and first full appearance, so this is the one everyone will want.

And as we all know, "first full appearance" means not the first appearance.

:whistle:

-slym

Back up the truck on issue 3. :baiting:

There's a run on Hulk #180!!

Sometimes it's not what the actual first appearance is, but rather what the market dictates is more important. Clearly books like Hulk 181 are more in demand than 180. And 180 has a nice full body shot of Wolverine. But the market has spoken in regards to which is more valuable.

Same with the newly emerging apocalypse in X-factor.

We will just see, if Sacagawea becomes popular, which issue people will see as the one with importance.

I'm leaning toward the Ottley variant as the 1st appearance. If a preview/fcbd/whatever can a first appearance surely a cover can be as well.

The Ranger in EoW first appearance RRP or #6 ? I don't have a firm opinion on this or Ottley #1 or #4.

Did the RRP or Ghost variant hit the market first?

haha

Sometimes it's not what the actual first appearance is, but rather what the market dictates is more important. Clearly books like Hulk 181 are more in demand than 180. And 180 has a nice full body shot of Wolverine. But the market has spoken in regards to which is more valuable.

We will just see, if Sacagawea becomes popular, which issue people will see as the one with importance.

I think it will be #4, but the #1 Ottley will also always be in high demand as long as this series is rockin' and rollin.

Edited by vikingreed

I think it will be #4, but the #1 Ottley will also always be in high demand as long as this series is rockin' and rollin.

+1

That's my opinion as well.

I'm leaning toward the Ottley variant as the 1st appearance. If a preview/fcbd/whatever can a first appearance surely a cover can be as well.

The Ranger in EoW first appearance RRP or #6 ? I don't have a firm opinion on this or Ottley #1 or #4.

haha

lol

Good point. I'm buying every Ghost variant on ebay as soon as ...

haha

lol

Good point. I'm buying every Ghost variant on ebay as soon as ...

:headbang:

+1

That's my opinion as well.

The #1 Ottley will always be in demand as a cool variant cover to issue 1 - I don't think a buttshot of Saca on the cover is going to change that. And...while she appears on the cover, and on the last page of issue 3, issue 4 is her coming out party. Full appearance, and a bad-mutha cover to boot...? Reminds me a bit of WD 19.

And before I get lynched, I am NOT comparing their values. Just the similarity of a killer 1st appearance by a leading lady that could end up being the most popular character in the book.

Who here CANNOT see MD #4 on dealer walls in the near future...?!?

Edited by jjeanius

I was amazed when I walked into a comic store in a po dunk town last week and was amazed to see 3 Ottley Variants kicking it on the wall for cover plus 2 regular #1's.....I was in town on bad circumstances because my father was in ICU after a heart attack and visiting hours hadn't started...so maybe it was "meant to cheer me up" by the powers that be lol

reading the modern section is either going to turn me into a flipper or a hoarder. I just bought 4 copies of MD4 to add to my one. AAARRRGGG!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO ME!!!!

+1. Grabbed another 3 copies of #4.

I really love the premise and the story telling so far has been good.