• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

It looked as if my store ordered heavily on 4 after selling out of all issues. They still had quite a few left. I was in a hurry today, so I only had time to grab my pull (finally) and leave. Did anybody else notice this trend? I know Midtown and others have sold out. I may have to go back tomorrow.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I was amazed when I walked into a comic store in a po dunk town last week and was amazed to see 3 Ottley Variants kicking it on the wall for cover plus 2 regular #1's.....I was in town on bad circumstances because my father was in ICU after a heart attack and visiting hours hadn't started...so maybe it was "meant to cheer me up" by the powers that be lol

(thumbs u

Nice find. Hope your dad's doing better.

It will be interesting to see the print run on the #4, although I don't know if dealers had time to adjust and up their orders.

Issue 1 had a print run of 17371 with en eventual drop of 26.3% in orders to issue 2 which had a print run of 12801 and that dropped another 6% for issue 3 which had a print run of 12034.

I still think issue 4 was on a downward trajectory and I think the print run will come below 11500, that's my guess.

It looked as if my store ordered heavily on 4 after selling out of all issues. They still had quite a few left. I was in a hurry today, so I only had time to grab my pull (finally) and leave. Did anybody else notice this trend? I know Midtown and others have sold out. I may have to go back tomorrow.

There are several copies of #4 left at the Midtown Comics downtown on the rack. They a few copies of MD #1 regular cover (don't remember how many) and 2 copies of MD #3 on their wall.

This was as of Friday at about 1pm.

That price is insane already. I wonder if these are going to hold their value long term. :wishluck:

I believe if they stay on track with releasing issues in a timely manner then yes. When a book has a quality story and good art and gets a following then the key is to keep releasing it on schedule.

Conversely, EoW is one of my favorite series right now, as well for many others, but the multi-week delays it is starting to see are clearly hurting it.

Good point and I agree especially regarding release schedules. EoW is probably my favorite book ongoing but the schedule is driving me mad. Still collecting it like crazy though, I just really hope they can stay on track and right the ship.

I would imagine that the primary printing defect that keeps books from achieving mint and gem mint status are bindery tears. Most all of the moderns that i've pulled off the rack that would be 9.8 candidates have some kind of bindery defect. But I'm generally happy with 9.6's and 9.8's off the rack.

Or what do you guys think are the primary defects that keep the majority of all books out of mint condition?