• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Are people who bid to be part of the action considered shills.....if they have no intention of bidding high enough to win. I know quite a few will toss a bid into the mix just for fun.

Or is it only considered a shill if you know the seller.

I bid on your LBCC 9.8 because I wanted to win it...well I had hoped to win it. I put a max bid of $250...never thought I would have gotten it for what I did. I don't really "know" you but I knew it was your book...but I know I wasn't shilling it either!

I just got back from my LCS with 2 more issue 4's. I got excited seing a stray issue 1 regular on rack but dumb me didn't see fine print that it's a 4th print....anyone think there will be value in a 4th printing #1???

I've been hoarding copies of this book anywhere I find them as I think this is THE book to have in the past year. I love Lazarus, The Bunker & Day Men but just feel this book has something going for it that the others do not.

I'm a self-admitted MD hoarder so I was all about grabbing a few #1 4th prints today. One shop had none and another shop had 4 copies - 2 of which were worthy of the hoard. I smell another low print run a la #2 2nd print.

I do find it amusing all the hoarding talk yet no admittance that the inflated prices may be due to speculation lol

Went to my LCS and was told that 1 guy bought all 4 copies of their #1 4th print...I'm far from convinced the recent heat is solely due to this being such a good read.I think people know the print runs are small so they are loading up. Again, just my opinion.

i'm sure speculation is in there somewhere....but all 4 issues? Mass speculation usually starts to drop off after issue #1 (and variants).

#2s+ don't usually fall prey to speculation fever.

Edited by krighton

Oh thank God that is over. I'll post some Manifest Destiny OA on this thread tonight when I get home (yup, Sacagewea and some enormous buffalotaur eyes!), and try to get this thread back on track.

One of the better horses I've seen in a long time... As promised:

IMG_5373_zpsbd3a4608.jpg

and

IMG_5371_zpsca9dcf9b.jpg

Edited by Sideshow Bob