• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

good price...I guess it doesn't matter if he gets paid or not...if he says he got paid then it was a just a shill auction and he sold it to a friend for a bit cheaper...if he didn't get paid it's a shill auction of people just ramping up the price to make their own copies sell for more.

Well, I was the underbidder, and I don't sell anything.

If I get a second chance offer, I'm buying it.

I have no interest but to add a second copy.

You and my brother could be twins. If he wants something and he can afford it, he's going to own it and NEVER sells it. I like that philosophy. You'll never be disappointed buying things you love to collect imo.

Just stating the previous opinions of the cgc forum experts.

Man you're negative Krighton. Lighten up, they're just funny books. Contrary opinions are not a bad thing man.

You and my brother could be twins. If he wants something and he can afford it, he's going to own it and NEVER sells it. I like that philosophy. You'll never be disappointed buying things you love to collect imo.

Haha, yeah...

I'm definitely a packrat.

The only things I ever sell are my "undercopies" to fellow Boardies. And that is usually with them PM'ing me for them. I never have sell threads, or sell on EBay, or anything like that.

Haha, yeah...

I'm definitely a packrat.

The only things I ever sell are my "undercopies" to fellow Boardies. And that is usually with them PM'ing me for them. I never have sell threads, or sell on EBay, or anything like that.

How unfortunate for the people that don't know you. (thumbs u

I sold a set for 54.99 1-3....I even kinda wish I had listed it higher as it sold in a few hours....

Not sure why this is SO hot....I wonder if someone knows something and it's connected to ECCC?

Just stating the previous opinions of the cgc forum experts.

Man you're negative Krighton. Lighten up, they're just funny books. Contrary opinions are not a bad thing man.

not bad at all, just quoting.

Sigh all you want. The auction increased $5 over another person's legit bid because of alleged shilling.

It did not start a price movement; it's a buyer wanting an item and probably over-paying for it.

This auction ended Feb 2nd. An auction ended 2 weeks later for $232 ( Feb 17th) and a BIN set at $350 did not sell either ( Feb 18th ). If this auction started a revolution, why was the second auction $100 less?

2 more copies have come up since then and both had high BINs ($450 and $448) and didn't sell. Seems to me that buyers are actually smarter on this item than others in that they are not paying over that $350 auction price. (Though you will probably attribute that to your patented Shill Warning System.)

And with yet another auction ending under the price of the "landmark" Feb 2nd auction, I'm still waiting to see this price movement.

I'm also waiting for a response on how this theory came about -- one backed by examples and facts, not just a lot of words and paranoia.

I sold a set for 54.99 1-3....I even kinda wish I had listed it higher as it sold in a few hours....

Not sure why this is SO hot....I wonder if someone knows something and it's connected to ECCC?

wish you would have listed it on the boards looking for a couple of sets myself. :boo:

wish you would have listed it on the boards looking for a couple of sets myself. :boo:

There's a couple of sets selling on the boards here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7490826#Post7490826

dont do it! its great you werent pushed into paying more than you wanted. Many more will be for sale, patience will save you money. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a second offer comes at you, because the winner isnt real....