• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Well, I was the underbidder, and I don't sell anything.

If I get a second chance offer, I'm buying it.

I have no interest but to add a second copy.

dont do it! its great you werent pushed into paying more than you wanted. Many more will be for sale, patience will save you money. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a second offer comes at you, because the winner isnt real....

:popcorn:

-slym

dont do it! its great you werent pushed into paying more than you wanted. Many more will be for sale, patience will save you money. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a second offer comes at you, because the winner isnt real....

I never received a second offer, but I locked up another copy from a Boardie for less.

For Chrissakes. Did someone hijack your account? You used to make sense once in a while, now it's all off the tracks.

For Chrissakes. Did someone hijack your account? You used to make sense once in a while, now it's all off the tracks.

My friend, I understand you speculated on this book, and spent a couple dozen dollars on it. I am sorry that my comments upset your greed frenzy, but there is no need to take it personal.

continue the cheerleading with those who also bought many, and dont worry about my posts

I never received a second offer, but I locked up another copy from a Boardie for less.

sweet

I have (3) 9.8 candidate copies of #1 to send to CGC, but now I am considering selling them raw. It's been quite a while since there was a book this hot due to the trifecta of scarcity, interesting premise, and great art.

My friend, I understand you speculated on this book, and spent a couple dozen dollars on it. I am sorry that my comments upset your greed frenzy, but there is no need to take it personal.

continue the cheerleading with those who also bought many, and dont worry about my posts

Sigh, once again words and not facts. Speaking of trends, I think I have yours pegged: talking out of your butt.

No cheerleading here; just posting examples of completed sales -- which is something you do quite regularly. Difference is, I just post them whereas you post and then extrapolate and assume to your heart's content until they fit in with some pre-conceived idea you have, then call yourself a hero. Rinse and repeat.

To those selling raw runs right now -- or just #1's -- for good prices, what do you think is driving the demand?

I only stop in my LCS for 30 mins or so on Wednesdays, so I'm not a good source for word of mouth. Or to hear what all the kids are talking about.

Unlike other series where there are internet articles or new media rumors, MD is just a "normal" book selling quickly off the shelf.

To those selling raw runs right now -- or just #1's -- for good prices, what do you think is driving the demand?

I only stop in my LCS for 30 mins or so on Wednesdays, so I'm not a good source for word of mouth. Or to hear what all the kids are talking about.

Unlike other series where there are internet articles or new media rumors, MD is just a "normal" book selling quickly off the shelf.

Here are some of the factors I think driving this book.

A very unique story line that uses a very well known event in history to tell that story.

Low print numbers on one of the best looking variant covers we have seen in some time.

Skybound book means there is a good shot at something beyond just a comic.

Overall people seem to like the story and direction, and the inclusion of a female hero is also plus.

I have (3) 9.8 candidate copies of #1 to send to CGC, but now I am considering selling them raw. It's been quite a while since there was a book this hot due to the trifecta of scarcity, interesting premise, and great art.

Nowhere men.

Daymen

hm

I might be able to think of more

Nowhere men.

Daymen

hm

I might be able to think of more

Danger Club is my favorite biannual guilty pleasure...