• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Also, Nowhere men is a bad example because people became pretty disenchanted with the multiple '1st printing of #1" months after it had debuted.

Daymen isn't a good example either because it has been massively delayed right off the bat, also it's heat has TV production speculation as well.

Nowhere men regular issues never shot up like md....a #3 md sold for 14.99

I used to sell nowhere men 1 & 2 ( and sometimes 3 ) the same as I'm doing with these.

And keep buying #3 for 14.99 whomever you are. I just found three #3 first prints on the shelf yesterday at a LCS. I even left one there for someone else.

To those selling raw runs right now -- or just #1's -- for good prices, what do you think is driving the demand?

I only stop in my LCS for 30 mins or so on Wednesdays, so I'm not a good source for word of mouth. Or to hear what all the kids are talking about.

Unlike other series where there are internet articles or new media rumors, MD is just a "normal" book selling quickly off the shelf.

Unless the buyer tells me he is looking forward to reading it or just wants another copy I am assuming they are slabbing the book.

That's what the last buyer told me. More power to them if they do.

Edited by Fastballspecial

No amount of shilling can prop up the value of a book that's cold.

And no amount of shilling can obligate buyers to pay more than their highest bid.

Except people base their bids and how much they are willing to pay for a book, at least in part, on the perceived market value of the book.

a 1a-b - 5 sold on ebay for $87

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANIFEST-DESTINY-1-ottley-variant-2-3-4-5-1st-print-set-6-iMAGE-SKYBOUND-/131134436020?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e8838b2b4

I could have sworn I saw one sell at $100, but I can't find the listing now, or maybe it was a best offer accepting, I can't remember.