• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

BLOCKED

It's been a long time since I blocked someone on here, probably jimmy was the last one, but you make a good case. I haven't read any of your last 5-6 posts aimed at me, including this one.

You have consistently attempted to argue against points no one has made, while setting up strawmen and pointless ad hominem junk.

You bought a bunch of the book, you dont think any auctions were shilled. Understood, you keep your opinions which supports your investment, i'll keep posting the truth as I see it.

and you're blocked. cheers

Edited by CBT

sometimes some sales may look like shills but they're not. A couple of weeks ago I was bidding up a book one bid at a time without putting in a maximum bid. I was bidding it up against someone who had put up a high max bid. Anyways, to shorten the story, he must of thought I was a shill and at the conclusion of the auction, he cancelled his bid. I got a second offer and thinking he was the shill I refused the second chance offer. It subsequently sold for more than either he or I were willing to pay. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

or it was exactly what you thought and you were right, but now the market has been moved and his mission accomplished...

)

I love that post-game interview. Can watch it over and over. During the broadcast, Charles Barkley showed up at half-time with the Bears down by 20 and Barkley predicts the Bears would win over the Cardinals. Something like, "doesn't matter if you are up by 10 or 20 or 35, you cannot beat this team!" Go Bears!

lol I prob watched this clip 10 times this morning after I posted it. Just never gets old.

BLOCKED

It's been a long time since I blocked someone on here, probably jimmy was the last one, but you make a good case. I haven't read any of your last 5-6 posts aimed at me, including this one.

You have consistently attempted to argue against points no one has made, while setting up strawmen and pointless ad hominem junk.

You bought a bunch of the book, you dont think any auctions were shilled. Understood, you keep your opinions which supports your investment, i'll keep posting the truth as I see it.

and you're blocked. cheers

I don't understand this response -- I am arguing against points you have made, right here in this forum, over and over again.

Most times, I include your post I am arguing against.

b. If there is no bidding activity for CBT to call out, point back to a sale in the first days of February where a shill increased an auction by $5 -- a total increase of 1.4% over the last real bid -- and say this sale artificially increased prices.
The final shill bid pushed it up $5, but the shill actually pushed it from $250 to $300, thus the 'true' price should have been $250:

0***d ( 5 ) US $355.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:10 PST

0***j ( 251) US $350.00 Jan-27-14 11:39:09 PST

0***j ( 251 ) US $305.00 Jan-27-14 11:39:09 PST

0***d ( 5 ) US $300.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:05 PST

0***d ( 5 ) US $255.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:05 PST

0***j ( 251) US $250.00 Jan-27-14 00:44:39 PST

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

b. If there is no bidding activity for CBT to call out, point back to a sale in the first days of February where a shill increased an auction by $5 -- a total increase of 1.4% over the last real bid -- and say this sale artificially increased prices.
The final shill bid pushed it up $5, but the shill actually pushed it from $250 to $300, thus the 'true' price should have been $250:

0***d ( 5 ) US $355.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:10 PST

0***j ( 251) US $350.00 Jan-27-14 11:39:09 PST

0***j ( 251 ) US $305.00 Jan-27-14 11:39:09 PST

0***d ( 5 ) US $300.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:05 PST

0***d ( 5 ) US $255.00 Jan-27-14 14:57:05 PST

0***j ( 251) US $250.00 Jan-27-14 00:44:39 PST

First - somewhat off topic, but did that 0***d bidder jump from 0 to 5 feedback, or was he/she always at 5?

Second, yes, the shill (or what we are calling the shill) did increase the price of the item starting around $255. However, after 0***j was finally outbid, he/she did go back and put in another bid and was willing to pay $350 for that item.

Maybe it's two sides of the same coin: the shill jacked up the price of the item, but also identified what a (single) person was willing to pay.

Whether putting in a bid of $350 for that item at that time was a good idea is up for debate. What is not debatable is that it happened.

Wow, I'm so over this.

Buy the book if you want it. Pay only what you personally value at it. Don't go any higher.

You think the book sucks, and is all speculation? Buy the TPB, or don't read it, and never enter Manifest CGC searches on eBay anymore.

Now, how about that Sacajawea? Woo wooooo

After stepping away for lunch, I am over this, too, and apologize for rehashing it.

People will think what they want to think.

People will pay what they want to pay.

Some people will attempt to wring every last penny of profit out of an item, especially when the system allows it.

On the actual book's story:

After the first two issues focused rather heavily on the bull-otaurs, I am surprised to see them relegated to the background -- if mentioned at all -- in the last 2 issues. -- Or did Sacajawea & friend kill them all; or at least those surrounding the camp?

After the first two issues focused rather heavily on the bull-otaurs, I am surprised to see them relegated to the background -- if mentioned at all -- in the last 2 issues. -- Or did Sacajawea & friend kill them all; or at least those surrounding the camp?

I am guessing issue #6, the end of the first arc, will answer some questions.

They have so many ways they can evolve this story: intro more Native Americans, intro more monsters, involve some other explorers from a different nation, have Saca do a heel turn, break off the group of criminals and have their own adventures, or just completely go sci-fi and bring in witches, warlocks, poltergeists, etc.

My prediction for #6 is that they are overwhelmed by the plant-zombie creatures only to have Sacagewea rush in to save them as she was secretly tracking/following them the entire time. You can't have covers like the Ottley variant and single panel flash backs in issues showing her being a badass only to relegate her to the sidelines... That would not make sense.

I think issue #6 will be her's to shine.

HOOO-BOY! That issue was on fire (excuse the pun). I especially liked the 'box searching' scene in the depths of the boat. Can't wait to see what comes next. :grin:

On Greek fire:

Why the need to shoot the globe to expose it to air? Couldn't you just throw it on the ground, or, if you need more coverage, throw it at the top of a tree?