• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Good deal.

Happy to see it doing well.

As I have never been a speculator, is it common for the additional printings to get hoarded? Or is this a sign of additional readers getting ahold of copies?

Not really at all unless a 2nd or 3rd printing has really low numbers, then speculators try to scoop up as many as they can after the fact.

Believe me, speculators are not ordering 2nd and 3rd prints by the multiples.

I truly think this is reader driven, and I won't be surprised to see this book start getting numbers higher than #1.

Good deal.

Happy to see it doing well.

As I have never been a speculator, is it common for the additional printings to get hoarded? Or is this a sign of additional readers getting ahold of copies?

No, not common. But I'm thankful for the additional printings, I picked some up to give away for people to read that I think would love this series.

At my nearest LCS, you've got to be at the doors when they open to get an Image #1 First Print, a few local speculators usually buy them out (if they're not damaged in shipping) and the store doesn't care.

Its still hilarious how some are using 2nd and 3rd printings as "proof" that the original (and quick) jump in eBay prices for this book are driven by readership lol People can still want to read a series that has experienced a price hike due to specualtion...in fact, you could argue that people may want to read it even more!

(PS - Just got back from the LCS, huge stack of #1 reprints still there. I guess markets are different)

Looks like another raw lbcc sold, what's the 'trick' to viewing auctions that have recently sold under advanced options (using a pc or tablet).

Shouldn't the comics sold instantly appear as a sold item when you go to completed listings. Seems like I normally have to wait 24 hours or more to view ended items.

Edited by krighton

Looks like another raw lbcc sold, what's the 'trick' to viewing auctions that have recently sold under advanced options (using a pc or tablet).

Shouldn't the comics sold instantly appear as a sold item when you go to completed listings. Seems like I normally have to wait 24 hours or more to view ended items.

Me too.

The only way I "instantly" see them is if I had a previous bid on the item, or was watching it.

I think there is a trick to it, like ebay.ca or something, but I have forgotten what it is.