• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

But to be fair, Starlin has readily admitted that Thanos was derived from Kirby's Darkseid. The physical build of the characters, colours, and meglomania are all the same.

And his chair is very reminiscent of Metron's Mobius Chair, Metron being the character which Thanos was originally based upon.

It's like wow you can ALWAYS find something to be offended about. Lets say youre serving dinner. WHY DID YOU SERVE HER FIRST? CAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN? SEXIST!

Lets say you serve her second

WHY DOES SHE GET SERVED AFTER THE MAN? SEXIST!!

It's like wow you can ALWAYS find something to be offended about. Lets say youre serving dinner. WHY DID YOU SERVE HER FIRST? CAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN? SEXIST!

Don't serve anyway. Put the food on a side table and tell the guests to help themselves.

You cannot say anything without someone getting upset these days.

That's the thing about the freedom for anyone to express an opinion. It's better than the opposite condition.

I figure I'll take from what makes sense and is just, the rest I leave behind and pay no mind - all the while being grateful that people can publicly say almost anything they darn well please, even if it's silly.

Pretty easy, really.

anyone think they introduce Death for the infinity storyline?

Death? If she's an integral part of the original story, they'll probably change it. Might be too sexist to have her. Maybe she can be a cute little dog.

When I read that Infinity storyline with Death it seemed so ridiculous. He keeps doing all these things to win her affection. He's THANOS...he doesn't need her. lol

Seriously, they can do without her in the story and still have plenty of reason why he wants to get the stones and to kill the Avengers.

I can't see them using Death, it was a bit meh in the comics and never really made much sense to me. You like death that much, just kill yourself?

You realize that Thanos name is taken from the Greek word Thanatos, right?

It means, something like, the urge to or desire for death. I mean that's his whole schtick, and the essence of what he is.

I always thought that was kinda cool, gave him a weird, unique purpose.

This.

Don't serve anyway. Put the food on a side table and tell the guests to help themselves.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO SERVE OURSELVES?? BECAUSE WE'RE WOMEN? WE SERVE MEN ALL DAY AND YOU CAN'T FILL A PLATE FOR US? SEXIST!!!!!!!

No backlash over the "hide the zucchini" joke, though? Get over it, people.

Was there any backlash over the use of 'mewling quim' in the first Avengers film? I'm not on Twitter.

Was there any backlash over the use of 'mewling quim' in the first Avengers film? I'm not on Twitter.

It was mentioned in an article or two.

^^

Fans seemed to love it. (hit the 1 minute 25 second mark.)

WHY DO WE HAVE TO SERVE OURSELVES?? BECAUSE WE'RE WOMEN? WE SERVE MEN ALL DAY AND YOU CAN'T FILL A PLATE FOR US? SEXIST!!!!!!!

You make the assumption the women have been serving the men all day. SEXIST PIG!!!!!!!!!!

There are some strange women with twitter accounts and some strange....men who read them.

Whedon has always had strong female characters. You don't have to be a raging lunatic to be a feminist...

You make the assumption the women have been serving the men all day. SEXIST PIG!!!!!!!!!!

dang

There are some strange women with twitter accounts and some strange....men who read them.

Whedon has always had strong female characters. You don't have to be a raging lunatic to be a feminist...

But it helps

:baiting: