• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

There are some strange women with twitter accounts and some strange....men who read them.

Whedon has always had strong female characters. You don't have to be a raging lunatic to be a feminist...

I don't really get Twitter. I AM a member but only for getting updates from things like Bart and Muni (public transportation here in SF) and the like. I have perused a bit and it feels like the MTV of "messaging".

There are some strange women with twitter accounts and some strange....men who read them.

Whedon has always had strong female characters. You don't have to be a raging lunatic to be a feminist...

But it helps

:baiting:

You were actually making a tiny bit of progress....and I mean tiny;);):tonofbricks:

I just skip twitter altogether, I don't see any urgency to know what the entire entertainment world thinks is important.

But it helps

:baiting:

You were actually making a tiny bit of progress....and I mean tiny;);):tonofbricks:

I just skip twitter altogether, I don't see any urgency to know what the entire entertainment world thinks is important.

Sha, you are just too sensible for this world. :hi:

Told you the sterilization thing was a bad idea and not even needed. If not there people would have had no choice but to make the correct connection that she feels like a monster due to her training to kill people and have no emotions.

The Dugger family sat in front of me at the Friday 9:30 am showing. About 4 young kids obviously the school aged ones home schooled. The father laughed quite a bit regarding Prima Nocta.

I think it was also signaled by Vision's mention of being a lover of Life. It sets him up in both the Warlock role & hints at his opposition to Thanos & his worship of Death.

I loved Vision, but I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get to see Warlock. I feel the same way about Warlock + Thanos as many seemed to feel about Civil War with no Spider-man.

Stan Lee gave a better performance than Renner.

'Nuff said.

I thought Renner killed it as Hawkeye, I'm looking forward to how they develop his character down the road.. As for Stan the Man! He nails it every time.. "Nuff Said"

Hawkeye has never been more interesting to me than he was in Age of Ultron. I have no idea why they didn't make him the 'everyman' character that is able to recognize how ridiculous all of this is from the very beginning of the MCU.

In my opinion Renner killed it, his presence was much more pronounced and much better utilized in this movie than he has been in any of the others.

So absurd - those of us old enough are certain to remember the original rise of "PC" in the early 90s. People got fed up and there was a backlash against. That same thing is certainly happening again with these militant, easily angered types on various forms of social media.

This relatively new equal access for people to have their voices heard is a bit of a double edged blade - some "regular" person located anywhere in the world can heckle a big time director in real time with a wildly out of proportion response to something that they think they saw in one of his films. And guess what? All of their friends can see it and join in the action!

I guess the people using twitter to communicate in regimes ruled by totalitarian governments make up for this misuse of the technology :makepoint:

anyone think they introduce Death for the infinity storyline?

prob not. looks like no Warlock either since Vizh has his soul gem on his forehead. :(

when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

That is my biggest complaint with this movie. I am so tired of the huge battle with robots we seem to get once or twice a year from Hollywood.

I also think the comic book Ultron looks much scarier than what we got on screen. The mouth could have been awesome with a red glow deep inside that modulated to the voice. Instead we got a more or less human mouth on a robot!

Overall, a decent movie, but please, let's not have any more massive heroes versus robots in any more Marvel movies for a while.

I kinda liked the first movie more it was more simple. In this there was just lot of stuff.

It wasnt bad but I also didnt like Avengers battling with lots of robots. When ironman, vision and thor(?) was shooting beams to Ultron in the end that was cool and I would hope that the film would have had more like 1vs1 battle the Avengers against Ultron and not his army of robots. Vision was much better thou that i had expected.

The new look of Ultron wasnt as good as the original look but it was okay.

'Thanks For Nothing': Joss Whedon to Marvel

"So I would have put both of them [those characters] in, but neither of the deals were made. And then they were like, ‘We’re making a Captain Marvel movie and we’ve got ‘Spider-Man’ as a property,’ and I’m like, ‘I’ve already locked my film you :censored: ! Thanks for nothing."

lol

I like Whedon.

I think it was also signaled by Vision's mention of being a lover of Life. It sets him up in both the Warlock role & hints at his opposition to Thanos & his worship of Death.

I loved Vision, but I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get to see Warlock. I feel the same way about Warlock + Thanos as many seemed to feel about Civil War with no Spider-man.

I think some people are making the leap that Vision has the soul gem and concluding there will be no need for Adam Warlock. Vision should have a solar gem with an outside shot at it being the reality gem in a creative re-write.

The soul gem is green.

As the previous quote mentions, I think Warlock is integral to the storyline and I will also be disappointed if they attempt to write him out.

I think some people are making the leap that Vision has the soul gem and concluding there will be no need for Adam Warlock. Vision should have a solar gem with an outside shot at it being the reality gem in a creative re-write.

The soul gem is green.

As the previous quote mentions, I think Warlock is integral to the storyline and I will also be disappointed if they attempt to write him out.

Also, Vision has the Mind gem, not the Soul gem.

Did we all see the kerfluffle about Joss quitting Twitter over the ridiculous claims of misogyny over his handling of Black Widow in this movie? Militant insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are always looking for something to get offended by. And if they don't get it, they'll spin what they do have into something that they feel offended by.

'Thanks For Nothing': Joss Whedon to Marvel

"So I would have put both of them [those characters] in, but neither of the deals were made. And then they were like, ‘We’re making a Captain Marvel movie and we’ve got ‘Spider-Man’ as a property,’ and I’m like, ‘I’ve already locked my film you :censored: ! Thanks for nothing."

lol

I like Whedon.

Easy, Joss. Don't get the mouse angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

The soul gem is green.

Also, Vision has the Mind gem, not the Soul gem.

I may have missed it , but was it confirmed that he does have the mind gem?