• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I agree. I have never thought anything about age when viewing these movies.

I don't get it.

Agreed!

I have issues with the movie but the actors ages never entered my mind once lol

We saw it last night at 10:15, and it was empty, thank god for school nights.

Pretty enjoyable, though there were a few things that I didn't love. Thor's character continues to be a favorite, though I've never had interest in the books, I've waisted my childhood.

I like the first Avengers and most of the MCU, the bigger problem for this move and indeed the whole roadmap going forward is that a lot of the actors are just too old, RDJ was great in Ironman 1 and managed to shine in the first Avengers. It's been the law of diminishing returns ever since. He'll need to suit up just to be able to get himself off down the shops soon. Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

How do those numbers add up? It might be a billion at the box office but it's over two centuries worth of wrinkles and incontinence pads.

Well lettuce see. RDJ was 42 when filming Iron Man 1. During filming of the first Avengers film the breakdown was:

Ruffalo 43

RDJ 46

Jackson 63

hm

OK,

Is Pietro really dead or do they send him to Tahiti like they did Coulson?

How can magnetos son be killed with bullets? Ha! Puny metal bullets.

I thought it was kind of lame that speed is his power and he gets shot in 2 different scenes. I questioned whether they would give him some kind of healing factor due to his increased metabloism.

In fairness, he can't dodge what he can't see. If he's not looking at the bullets (and it appeared his focus was elsewhere in both cases), he can't dodge them.

Hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Some guys think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. It's surely not an awful movie. Plus there's great pieces within. Thor and Vision are worth seeing it for them alone.

I go to the movies 4-5 times a week (the joys of a subscription card), so I see practically everything that's released.

But then for some people this will be their sole outing to the flicks for months, is this a bad film for those kind of folks? Hmmmm, probably not.

But is this a 'good' movie in the way that GoTG was a good movie? No. Plainly not.

I like the first Avengers and most of the MCU, the bigger problem for this move and indeed the whole roadmap going forward is that a lot of the actors are just too old, RDJ was great in Ironman 1 and managed to shine in the first Avengers. It's been the law of diminishing returns ever since. He'll need to suit up just to be able to get himself off down the shops soon. Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

How do those numbers add up? It might be a billion at the box office but it's over two centuries worth of wrinkles and incontinence pads.

Fox must have heard you than because Reed Richards looks like 18 in the new FF reboot! :)

I can`t wait to hear your positive FF movie update!

:baiting:

Hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Some guys think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. It's surely not an awful movie. Plus there's great pieces within. Thor and Vision are worth seeing it for them alone.

I go to the movies 4-5 times a week (the joys of a subscription card), so I see practically everything that's released.

But then for some people this will be their sole outing to the flicks for months, is this a bad film for those kind of folks? Hmmmm, probably not.

But is this a 'good' movie in the way that GoTG was a good movie? No. Plainly not.

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

You're in luck.....they've just broken the news that the replacement for RDJ has been cast....

l1f34.jpg

I thought Downey was getting a little long in the tooth as well after seeing him this time around on the big screen. Wonder how a 16 year old Peter parker will fit in with that crew........Elizabeth Olsen's movement as Scarlett WItch were so "witchy" I loved it but her accent needed some work I thought.

While I loved Avengers Part 1 you have to be a completely stupid boardie if....

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

Avengers 2 > Avengers 1....it is not even close!

You're absolutely right. The opinion of three children under the age of fifteen should matter more. Thank you for opening my eyes. I guess the fact that the whole storyline is skewed from the original is pointless. Burn the books, rewrite history.

Or just go back and read your comics.

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

I'm that completely stupid boardie then. :banana:

Own it.

Did you have to explain to your 6 year old what sterilization meant? I know why that was in there but with the tone of the movie it seemed very out of place. Karen Page announcing that in the Daredevil series I could see. I immediately heard a little kid in front of me ask his dad what that meant.

My ten year old didn't say a thing...

It shouldn't be that hard to explain.

Saw it again for the second time yesterday - even better than the first time. The wife loved it as well.

As for the actors being 'too old' lol

doh!

I've seen this 3 times already & I find that on each viewing, the movie gets better. I know there's probably a law of diminishing returns that I haven't quite hit yet, but I find that subsequent viewings allow me to take in the spectacle, notice smaller things, and almost "zoom out" especially in the big group fight scene near the end from the trailer.

I still haven't entirely taken it all in or reached a maximum appreciation for how well composed that scene is with finding space & flow to everything for everyone, but I'm getting there. I still focus in on some characters too much & don't just take in the WHOLE thing, but it'll come. The way it all works together is just... exceptional.

Even the scenes that seemed a little rushed don't seem as much so on 2nd and 3rd viewings. I am really looking forward to what they do with the director's cut even more after the 3rd viewing.

I've seen this 3 times already & I find that on each viewing, the movie gets better. I know there's probably a law of diminishing returns that I haven't quite hit yet, but I find that subsequent viewings allow me to take in the spectacle, notice smaller things, and almost "zoom out" especially in the big group fight scene near the end from the trailer.

I still haven't entirely taken it all in or reached a maximum appreciation for how well composed that scene is with finding space & flow to everything for everyone, but I'm getting there. I still focus in on some characters too much & don't just take in the WHOLE thing, but it'll come. The way it all works together is just... exceptional.

Even the scenes that seemed a little rushed don't seem as much so on 2nd and 3rd viewings. I am really looking forward to what they do with the director's cut even more after the 3rd viewing.

:applause:

You've watched this movie 3 times already? I barely had time to watch the last quarter of the Clippers/Spurs on Saturday night. I wish I had that kind of free time! :o

I took a weekend off of doing an ungodly amount of yard work & saw it with 3 different people. It was my treat to myself each time for getting as much work done around the house as I have so far this spring. Plus, NO KIDS or wife. Just dogs & roommates.