• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Well, Joss's original cut was almost 3 1/2 hours. He pared it down to 2:25ish at the studio/theater/Disney's request. But they already announced a directors cut on BluRay with an extra 40 minutes. I think some of the scenes that seemed a little rushed or over-stuffed will get to breathe a little bit more with the extra time. A little over 3 hours would be rough in a theater, but when you can pause it to go hit the head at home, it works.

Unfortunately, I would have loved for the director to make his movie the way he envisioned it but that sort of craft is very rare unless you have a lot of clout. Damn investors just looking to maximize profit and squeezing out artistic integrity for profit. :sumo:

I did find it strange that the spent endless seconds on some scenes (like the dream sequences) at the expense of cutting other stuff out of the film but I guess they know what they're doing.

The septer didn't matter. It was what was inside the crystal on top that mattered. After that, it's nothing but a pretty gold poking stick that might annoy someone (or kill Coulson again if you stab them with it)

I saw it today and thought it was OK. Seriously, HOW MANY ONE LINERS can you stuff into a film? Apparently waaayy too many for my tastes. Seriously, almost every damn cut ended with some "off the cuff" sort of remark.

Just got home from seeing it and I really, really liked it. Wife was also very pleased. Kids could not go which means I will have to take them another day so I get to see it again. ;) Funny how that worked out. :devil:

Loved it! Expected to be let down with early reviews, and as a comic fan, it blew me away.

Especially, Vision. I can see how it might have overwhelmed non fans though.

Stark's vision about dead avengers, aligns well with the rumors of early cast demise on 1st Avengers IW.

Falcon's suit was cool at end. Thought he would show up in final battle, but didn't see him.

Thor/Ragnarok visions briefly showed Infinity Gauntlet.

Only one clip at end, seemed a little underwhelming with Thanos, as it didn't reveal anything new.

Scarlet Witch almost seemed like Phoenix-- power wise.

Klaw's arm severed...

Sweet that vision picked up Thor's hammer.

Ultron last costume looked like Jocasta-- weird/interesting.

Iron man jackhammer/Hulk battle was cool; but I felt Hulk was portrayed a little weaker than he is, and was downplayed in this one.

Is the Korean lady from the comics? Anyone know?

Never perceived Vision's gem as a guantlet gem; seems like it replaced Warlock here.

Cool hints of Scarlet Witch attraction to Vision.

Quicksilver died; say what?

Stan drinking. Nice.

Cap role much better than Avengers 1, IMO.

I wish Joss was staying for Infinity War.

One thing that really surprised me

Was Barton having a family. I don't ever remember him having a family in the books or is that a new thing?

Was Barton having a family. I don't ever remember him having a family in the books or is that a new thing?

It was all designed to make you think he was the one that was going to die, pretty sure that was the main motivator.

It was all designed to make you think he was the one that was going to die, pretty sure that was the main motivator.

Oh, I think it was a lot more than that, though I agree they also used it to fake the audience out.

I loved what they did with Hawkeye in the movie, which is to turn what is apparently his big weakness - he's just a regular guy among gods - into his biggest strength. As his wife says, they need him. And the reason they need him is precisely because he's just a regular guy. He's grounded, connected to humanity in ways they no longer are. While they are all having their superhero head games, dreams and visions, he's the one with his feet on the ground who helps settle them all down and bring them back to reality with his normal life - normal wife, normal kids, normal house, normal problems. As a regular person, he has a perspective they need.

I thought it was a great idea. And totally made up for the movies. I think he had a wife in Ultimates, but she got killed off or something.

I'm glad the Russo bros are taking over.

I saw it yesterday with the family and one of my sons friends (who saw it the night before too) and we all loved it. I would like to see it again in the theater soon. Just a great, fun and exciting movie. I loved pretty much everything about it, the only thing that slightly annoyed me was Ultron's mouth moving....ha, ha....but I can live with it.

Seeing how Ant-Man is coming they should have been able to work Pym in there some way to have been the creator of Ultron. Also, the Infinity gem being on Visions head....besides being different from the comic they did manage to work these two parts in well just the same.

Again, I loved it and think it is better then the first and I do like the first a whole bunch too! Can't wait to continue to watch the Marvel universe unfold on the big screen and Netflix!

Only $60 million take on Saturday because of that dumb- stupid fight. Blah.

Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight was more entertaining for $6.75 than the $100 I wasted on the Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather fight.

Never again will I pay money for an overhyped boxing fight.

I should have know better than to fall for the hype.

doh!

Saw it late last night with my son and was awesome. We both loved it. I am not going to compare this and Avengers 1. Loved them both. Just an incredible and fun movie., When I was a kid Spiderman, Ironman, Human Torch, Nova , wonder Man and Vision were my favorites. And Doctor Doom , Ultron and Annihilus were my favorite villains., And my favorite story line was always the Avengers Vision/ Ultron stuff. To see Ultron and Vision on the big screen was amazing to me. A truly geek out moment. Now all that is left for me is Wonder Man and Annihilus and I will have seen my child hood on the screen. Again I am so enjoying this age of Superheros on the small and big screen. DC and Marvel and I am so extremly happy to have seen it in my lifetime and thrilled my son will see all the great Marvel stuff he loves as he gets older. Again awe4some fun movie . And the Hulk Buster scene was epic. Again a geek moment.

I have to add what day for us comic and sports fan. Especially in NY/Nj area. First sons ball game then NY Rangers playoff game , then Draft follow up shows , then the Yankees Boston game , then the Derby then the basket ball playoff games then AGE OF ULTRON and then getting home mid boxing fight. Just an awesome day. From 10am to 2pm.

I hate more than half the cast.

Including or excluding bit players and cameo's?

Is there a list or a spreadsheet we could reference perhaps?