• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 55!!!

84 posts in this topic

For mid-grade copies (say 5.0 - 7.0) is it worth the time/money for slabbing considering TaTs?

Will it ever reach higher than the initial hype considering Thanos spanned multiple comics (several of his own), but Ultron is a major villain only in the Avengers?

I think it will be worth it if you bought them at the pre rise prices. Prices look to be strong and at comparable, if not higher, levels than IM 55. Certainly many less copies of the avengers on census.

I did buy at pre-hype prices, and all very reasonably. I suppose worst-case scenario I break even if I slab. There are less copies now, but probably a lot more either on their way or in-process.

i think you could leave out the word "probably"- it's more likely a deluge hitting Sarasota

Prices should stay buoyant.

Whoops. You're right. I saw one bid and assumed auction.

I understand some buy it nows slipping through on the cheap, but how did this auction end like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Avengers-55-Aug-1968-Marvel-/290960236106?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43be94de4a

Weird.

Huh? Are you seeing a different page than the one I'm looking at that says "This Buy It Now listing has ended." (shrug)

While I have both I really think Avengers 54 is the book to watch. It's not like he's on the cover of either. While he's in disguise for most of 54 he is in the whole book pulling the strings. That black cover will on 54 will limit the high grades. People who actually read 55 will want 54 and it's going to be harder to get.