• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 55!!!

84 posts in this topic

I cant believe what is going on with this book. Didn't see this even with Thanos and IM 55. IM55 went up but not like this. This is like a overnight musical sensation. The prices are insane. Book on Friday that were $35 are now $350 . Low grade going for hundreds.

I cant believe what is going on with this book. Didn't see this even with Thanos and IM 55. IM55 went up but not like this. This is like a overnight musical sensation. The prices are insane. Book on Friday that were $35 are now $350 . Low grade going for hundreds.

There are going to be a number of kids disappointed this Christmas...

:pullhair:

does seem to be a bit of mania involved.

"Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!"

-Billy Ray Valentine

Indeed. He is a great long underated villain, but not being on the cover and not being a first appearance seems a bit much. The big Ultron appearance that is getting no play is issue 58. Sure it's a sub par cover compared to 57, but the story is all Ultron and is really second to none.

"Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!"

-Billy Ray Valentine

Trading Places :D

Indeed. He is a great long underated villain, but not being on the cover and not being a first appearance seems a bit much. The big Ultron appearance that is getting no play is issue 58. Sure it's a sub par cover compared to 57, but the story is all Ultron and is really second to none.

Totally agree. I need to get a #58 toot sweet.

If your selling , nows the time. The price will drop at some point to where it belongs. Will always be a expensive book now but the prices will adjust to where they belong at some point. Just the crazy frenzy right now to get one.

If your selling , nows the time. The price will drop at some point to where it belongs. Will always be a expensive book now but the prices will adjust to where they belong at some point. Just the crazy frenzy right now to get one.

I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and asked him if he remembers ever seeing a frenzy like this ever before. His response was, "The closest was when Frank Miller's Dark Knight came out in the 80s--but this is 1000 times crazier."

I always thought Avengers 55 was a vastly undervalued book, but I really never thought the craze would look like this. I literally picked up a VF+ for $92 and a VF/NM for $117 last Thursday and I thought I'd overpaid. How quickly the tide has turned...

I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and asked him if he remembers ever seeing a frenzy like this ever before. His response was, "The closest was when Frank Miller's Dark Knight came out in the 80s--but this is 1000 times crazier."

I always thought Avengers 55 was a vastly undervalued book, but I really never thought the craze would look like this. I literally picked up a VF+ for $92 and a VF/NM for $117 last Thursday and I thought I'd overpaid. How quickly the tide has turned...

1000 times crazier? Wow, that's not very close. lol

Avengers 55 has shown to be the book people want of Ultron. Its already established as that book. There could be money in other issues but cant change the fact Avengers 55 is the book to have. It is what it is.

I read 54 and 55 as I was selling three of each copies yesterday. Not a bad story line, not bad art, definately a one page cameo in 54 as the robot and definately a kick you in the pants Klaw scene in 55. Ultron is the real deal and yes, I expect prices to go down after the hype, otherwise I wouldn't have sold them all.

I just wonder if later avengers issues with really nice full ultron images like 135 will jump significantly. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised if that one doesn't. Maybe it's just too late an appearance.