• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase your best Platinum age in your collection

88 posts in this topic

p><p> I have the complete set of Barker

Also I have a 1904 Buster Brown Drawing Book. These are tough unused as kids almost always traced the art on the tracing paper pages.

<a  href=get-attachment-3aspx-1.jpeg' alt='get-at

I was hoping to land the third and final piece of the first three comic trilogy, but someone wanted it more than I did

Over double guide :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funnies-on-Parade-CGC-2-0-unrestored-/171075217404?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=lpeydEOQVfWf%252Bh1zrhyWVkoOEdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_207wt_1399

This is the ultra rare 1st issue in pretty decent shape!

BusterBrown1001_zpsfbd5da2e.jpg

This is a very nice copy of an important book but I wouldn't call it ultra-rare. In fact, it isn't that hard to find. However, it is very interesting because I have four variations of it, and possibly there are even more that I am not aware of at this time. When the Brown Shoe company got the license to use Buster Brown, they published the book with the cover that you show and with Pore Li'l Mose on the back cover. This caused some negative feedback so he was replaced with the Yellow Kid in subsequent printings. They finally realized they had a gold mine and added "Buster Brown Shoes" to the cover in later printings. There is also a green on gray copy that might have been a printer's proof. It has also been suggested that it was a Canadian copy. I don't know anyone who knows for sure what it was.

I was hoping to land the third and final piece of the first three comic trilogy, but someone wanted it more than I did

Over double guide :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funnies-on-Parade-CGC-2-0-unrestored-/171075217404?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=lpeydEOQVfWf%252Bh1zrhyWVkoOEdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_207wt_1399

Sorry buddy :(