• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

request 5: PGM Avengers #55

11 posts in this topic

Okay, nobody actually requested this yet, but I know somebody is going to, so let's just get it out of the way.

This is a bit disappointing to me only because I have several issues in the 50's that are very nice. As random luck would have it, though, this one is one of my lower grade issues. C'est la vie.

It's tight structurally, very solid. Pages are nicer than the color of the cover would suggest. The line on the bottom right running through Melter is a production crease.

Main issue is staining on the back cover and some just barely visible up the spine between the text box at the bottom and the price box at the top. It's fairly faint, but it's there. More noticeable on the back.

Book could also benefit form a cleaning for sure.

I got this in the mid-80's as part of a big lot that included most of the issues from #17-56. I think the average issue price was like $3.

SCAN0242.jpg

SCAN0243.jpg

A cleaning won't eliminate the huge stains on this book. It's a beater, 5.0 seems generous, I 'm thinking 4.0. In any case 4.0 or 5.0 it's only a 2.00 book. Sorry.

I lean more towards 4.0 myself. A cleaning probably wouldn't affect the grade due to the staining, but it would make the book look a lot nicer. I don't really consider books in the 4.0 range to be beaters, personally. Beaters are 2.0. 4.0's are solid books.

Anyway, it's not a $2.00 book anymore. Thanks to movie hype, a 4.5 sold right here on these forums for $50 last night. :banana:

Keep the opinions coming!

A cleaning won't eliminate the huge stains on this book. It's a beater, 5.0 seems generous, I 'm thinking 4.0. In any case 4.0 or 5.0 it's only a 2.00 book. Sorry.

$2.00 book lol