• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

request 7: PGM Girl Comics #7

7 posts in this topic

Now here's a cover you will not be seeing any time soon on a new book!

Awesome title, way ahead of its time. Well, issues #5-12 were. The rest of the run was just standard romance. but for these 8 issues, they had adventure stories featuring female protagonists, doing stuff like combating gangsters, trying out professional bullfighting and pretty much being badass girls and women. Way underrated title.

Spine is split at the bottom.

SCAN0244.jpg

SCAN0245.jpg

I always thought the juxtaposition of the title and the covers on those issues were cool as well. Don't have any though.

There are some very cool stories in this brief run. This came out at the same time as Man Comics, which had the same exact format and cover design, but starred men (obviously). Apparently the whole idea just wasn't focused enough for the marketplace, because at the same time Girl Comics became Girl Confessions and switched to a straight romance title, Man Comics switched formats as well to straight war. I'm also working on a run of the first 12 issues of Man Comics, but Girl Comics is far cooler for me.