• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE BOOKS, RAW and GL #21 8.0 PRICES LOWERED, again RECAP on last page

188 posts in this topic

Prices Lowered again :news:

I am added some CGC'd books, US shipping is free for the CGC books and of course I will ship raw books with them at no extra charge. I will note which of the slabbed books have been pressed.

This thread contains books from my collection. Tonight's books will be raw only, tomorrow I'll add a few CGC'd books.

The books I'm listing tonight are all GA with one exception, Adventure 214, the 2nd appearance of Krypto.

I'm going to start with Action and do the raw books alphbetically.

None of these books have been pressed to my knowledge and I've had most of them for a long time.

Some of these are scarce, they are books I have had for a long time. I'm kind of in the process of moving and I am just selling some of my collection a few books that I had no intention of parting with but sometimes stuff changes (like where on earth will I put them all;)

I take Paypal, Personal Checks, and Money Orders.

US shipping is $5.00 for a flat rate envelope with Gator boards (yes, they named them after Rick;) :shrug:

.or boxed at my cost. I use regional boxes whenever I can. I can get at least 4 books in a flat rate envelope, safely, someone said you could ride over these boards with a truck...they have wood veneers, if that helps.

I do prefer boxes, but if the book is low grade, the envelope will work well.

Out of the US shipping is at my cost.

I pay for private insurance, so that is included, and I always pay for tracking.

If you spend $150 or more, US shipping is free, and I'll prorate the out of US shipping.

As always, returns for any reason, but please contact me within 3 days of receipt.

No one on the probation or the Shame list, please.

:takeit: in the thread, always trumps any ongoing PM (unless I mark the book on hold). Please quote the picture or name of the book.

I will take time payments, 20% (non refundable) due within 24 hours, the rest due within 2 months, but you must give me a specific schedule.

Thank you:) :news:

Just a heads up. Usually people tell me my books have better color in person. A few months ago at someone’s suggestion I added some blue paper in the back, but other than that, I do not edit the pictures (other than to rotate them sometimes). I’d actually rather they look better when you get them

I have not made any adjustment since the last scans, but some of the yellows look too bright to me this time and some of the pages are showing brown edges when they don’t have brown edges.

The photographs are better representations of anything with yellow color, so if you want a photograph of any of the covers, instead of a scan, just let me know.

Action 37, First Congo Bill ! The book looks like a decent low grade copy, the cover is detached, pages are about white…however, someone glued 2 strips of blue paper inside, one to the inside of the front cover and one to the top of the first page. First wrap is detached at one staple. OSG Good is $290 Asking $229 Sold to Catrick

action37_0001.jpg

action37_0002.jpg

action37_0003.jpg

action37_0004.jpg

action37_0005.jpg

action37_0006.jpg

Action 96, 1946, OW/W pages, there is some rust on the outside of the staples, which is appropriate given the under water theme. The staples at the centerfold are clean. Two small pieces torn from the border of two pages. I would have said about Fine-, but I’m going to call it a VG for the pieces torn off.

Bin is $150 Sold to Buzzetta

action96_0001.jpg

action96_0002.jpg

action96.jpg

Adventure 54 Hourman

Cover and first wrap are split, tape must have been on the cover. Pages are cream

First wrap Is split, back of the first wrap is glued to the back cover . there is about a ½ inch split at the bottom of the next 5 wraps. The centerfold is detached, looks nice, no splits..

Good is $258 this book lower than a Fair, , but it's a tough book to find in any shape. $120.

SOLD TO CATRICK

Adventure54_0001.jpg

Adventure54_0002.jpg

Adventure54_0003.jpg

Adventure54_0004.jpg

Adventure #214, 2nd appearance of Krypto. I purchased the book from SCNE as a VG, but it’s more like a Gd/Vg, there is a sub crease, a tear at the top (about ½”, some other light creasing. Color is nice, pages are about off-white. Not a common book, GD/VG (3.0 ) is $105 in OSG, Bin is $75.

Sold to 143sk

[Adventure214_0001.jpg

Adventure214_0002.jpg

Air Fighters #12, 1943, Hillman, airboy meets the Devil and the Devils is “Bad”. There is a classic splash page in the Black Angel story. And a Hitler appearance. 7 on the census and this is the last issue. Great color, there is a piece of paper from another book at the bottom of the cover. A few pieces of tape on the Centerfold. Pages are W/OW range. There is a sub crease an some overall creasing. Grade is Gd/VG

OSG in 2.0 is $87 in 4.0 $174.00 bin is $95 Sold to Stronguy

airfighters12_0001.jpg

airfighters12_0002.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

All American #12, 1940 Red, White and Blue, they were the stars of the series before Ultra Man and later Green Lantern. This issue has a great early war spy story. Cover is detached. 1” spine split at the bottom, and there was a 2” spit at the top, but a piece of tape is covering it. Pages are very nice, somewhere between White and Off-White. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin $90

Sold to DCIndexer

allamerican12_0001.jpg

allamerican12_0002.jpg

allamerican12_0003.jpg

allamerican12_0004.jpg

All American #28 1941 …at least that is what it says on the cover, the indicia says #27) Perhaps this is a rare oddity! :shrug: Stories are consistent with the ones listed on the GCD as #28, as is the cover. Nice colors, nice pages, unfortunately the Centerfold is missing and that affects the Dr. Midnite story. Green Lantern, Red White and Blue, the Atom, Sargon, Hop Harrigan and Red Tornado are complete. Grade is Incomplete. (good Guide is $193) bin is $60 SOLD TO CATRICK

allamerican28_0001.jpg

allamerican28_0002.jpg

All American #29, another book with an indicia earror, this one says it’s #28, but ti’s not. It’s also missing pages, there are 28 pieces of paper (56 pages centerfolds and the back cover is also missing. It looks like the top was restapled. Nice pages, the GL story is complete, so are the Sargon and Red White and Blue Stoires. Looks like the last page of Hop Harrigan and most of the Dr Midnite story is missing.

OSG Good is $213 Bin is $35 Sold to Miamiknight3434

allamerican29_0001.jpg

allamerican29_0002.jpg

allamerican29_0003.jpg

Action 96, 1946, OW/W pages, there is some rust on the outside of the staples, which is appropriate given the under water theme. The staples at the centerfold are clean. Two small pieces torn from the border of two pages. I would have said about Fine-, but I’m going to call it a VG for the pieces torn off.

Bin is $150

action96_0001.jpg

action96_0002.jpg

action96.jpg

I didn't even know I needed it until I saw it.

:takeit:

All American #41, Great cover with very nice colors. Green Lantern, The Atom (against the Black Dragon Society) ,Dr. Midnite , Red White and Blue,Red Tornado and Sargon the Sorcerer There is spine wear, a small piece of old tape on the top, and the bottom staple is detached . two pages have pieces torn off the borders, but they do not affect the art. Pages are white. Grade is Fair/Gd (1.5) OPG in Good is $111, Bin is $65 Sold to Kazoo

allamerican41_0001.jpg

allamerican41_0002.jpg

All-American 46, Scarce, there are only 4 of these books on the census. Great color, GL, Sargon, Hop Harrigan, Dr Midnite (he helps the son of a murdered policeman join the force) Red White and Blue and the RED Tornado….the pail on her head always makes me laugh;)

Pages are OW/W, there is a 1 inch cover spine split, and the inside of the cover has some tanning. Small staple tears, but they are attached. Centerfold is not attached. Greade is VG (4.0) but a nice looking one. OSG is $222, bin Is $160. $100

allamerican46_0001.jpg

allamerican46_0002.jpg

All American #29, another book with an indicia earror, this one says it’s #28, but ti’s not. It’s also missing pages, there are 28 pieces of paper (56 pages centerfolds and the back cover is also missing. It looks like the top was restapled. Nice pages, the GL story is complete, so are the Sargon and Red White and Blue Stoires. Looks like the last page of Hop Harrigan and most of the Dr Midnite story is missing.

OSG Good is $213 Bin is $35

allamerican29_0001.jpg

allamerican29_0002.jpg

allamerican29_0003.jpg:takeit: