• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE BOOKS, RAW and GL #21 8.0 PRICES LOWERED, again RECAP on last page

188 posts in this topic

Action 96, 1946, OW/W pages, there is some rust on the outside of the staples, which is appropriate given the under water theme. The staples at the centerfold are clean. Two small pieces torn from the border of two pages. I would have said about Fine-, but I’m going to call it a VG for the pieces torn off.

Bin is $150

action96_0001.jpg

action96_0002.jpg

action96.jpg

I didn't even know I needed it until I saw it.

:takeit:

I know the feeling, lol..thank you:) Sold! (worship)

All American #29, another book with an indicia earror, this one says it’s #28, but ti’s not. It’s also missing pages, there are 28 pieces of paper (56 pages centerfolds and the back cover is also missing. It looks like the top was restapled. Nice pages, the GL story is complete, so are the Sargon and Red White and Blue Stoires. Looks like the last page of Hop Harrigan and most of the Dr Midnite story is missing.

OSG Good is $213 Bin is $35

allamerican29_0001.jpg

allamerican29_0002.jpg

allamerican29_0003.jpg:takeit:

Thank you, SOLD!

All-American #48, Scarce…there ae only 3 on the census, one blue label. The Green Lantern story is about some Patriotic Ganster…(Shades of Lucky Luciano;) if you have never read a Dr Midnite story, this one is s “hoot”, Hooty the Owl (Dr Midnite’s a ssistant, bring him a scapel, his medical bag, etc, he’s just amazing;) Red White and Blue story has a Hitler splash page.

This book has great color and tape on the spine, I don’t see splits except for a very small one at the bottom. The tape is starting to fall off at the top and the color under it is good and I don’t see a split under that.. but it’s hard to tell. Some notes are written on the top of the first page. The staples are tight, pages are OW/CR There is a piece off the back cover. Grade is Good-, although from the front it looks a lot better. (1.8) OSG in 2.0 is $129 and a fr/gd (that looked a lot worse) sold on Heritage last year for $113. Bin is $100.00 Sold to Kazoo

allamerican48_0001.jpg

allamerican48_0002.jpg

All American #56 ,1944, only 6 on the census. Another crook gets to do good work, thanks to GL and Doiby! Front cover presents well for a low grade book,. Cover is detached, there is a chunk of back cover missing. Pages are OW Cover colors are great. This is one of those weird page count books, from the war years with 60 pages, 16 pieces of paper before the center staple and 12 after. It is complete. Centerfold is detached and has a ragged edge and a 1” split.

Grade is Fair/GD

OSG iin 2.0 is $95 Bin is $65 Sold to Kazoo

allamerican56_0001.jpg

allamerican56_0002.jpg

Amazing-Man #14, Centaur from 1940. The cover is detached. There was a 4-5 inch spine split which was taped inside the cover along with a small tear, there may have been a smaller tear at the top. The tape might be archival, I can’t tell. It also might be a special kind of regular tape. It has not changed color and does not seem to be staining and it's very thin...that's why I think it might be archival (which would be a plus in this grade;)

The spine stains are just stains.. Pages are nice and supple, but the centerfold, which is detached at one staple, has some edge tears and someone taped them. I found 2 small pieces of tape on one other page. Pages are about White.

You won’t see stories like these in modern books. I photo’d a page from the Iron Skull story, because I thought the “numskull” remark was funny, and Dr Hypno and the Parrot transfer is something else;) The Parrot manages to sign the Dr’s name;)

Good (2.0) guide is $110, but this is an above guide book. Grade is Fair/GD (1.5) Bin is $100 Sold to Miamiknight3434

Again as you can see from the photographed pages, the scanner is adding yellow.

amazaingman14_0001.jpg

amazaingman14_0003.jpg

amazaingman14_0002.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

This one is a little newer, but with a wonderful Ziff Davis Cover!

Amazing Adventures #4, Ziff Davis, 1950 Classic Robot kissing the beautiful woman cover. Sci Fi. The colors on this book are really sharp. There is a spine roll, a 1 inch cover spine tear and some bug chews on the right edge. The book belonged to someone named Tom Lucas (if you happen to know him)Pages are off-white to cream and supple. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) or maybe a tiny bit better. Bin is $85

$60

amazaingadventures4_0001.jpg

amazaingadventures4_0002.jpg

Amazing-Man #14, Centaur from 1940. The cover is detached. There was a 4-5 inch spine split which was taped inside the cover along with a small tear, there may have been a smaller tear at the top. The tape might be archival, I can’t tell. It also might be a special kind of regular tape. It has not changed color and does not seem to be staining and it's very thin...that's why I think it might be archival (which would be a plus in this grade;)

The spine stains are just stains.. Pages are nice and supple, but the centerfold, which is detached at one staple, has some edge tears and someone taped them. I found 2 small pieces of tape on one other page. Pages are about White.

You won’t see stories like these in modern books. I photo’d a page from the Iron Skull story, because I thought the “numskull” remark was funny, and Dr Hypno and the Parrot transfer is something else;) The Parrot manages to sign the Dr’s name;)

Good (2.0) guide is $110, but this is an above guide book. Grade is Fair/GD (1.5) Bin is $100

Again as you can see from the photographed pages, the scanner is adding yellow.

amazaingman14_0001.jpg

amazaingman14_0003.jpg

amazaingman14_0002.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

:takeit: per pm

I like the goofy old-school Krypto better than the sleek, later one.

Great stuff -- good luck!

Jack

Adventure #214, 2nd appearance of Krypto. I purchased the book from SCNE as a VG, but it’s more like a Gd/Vg, there is a sub crease, a tear at the top (about ½”, some other light creasing. Color is nice, pages are about off-white. Not a common book, GD/VG (3.0 ) is $105 in OSG, Bin is $75.

[Adventure214_0001.jpg

America’s Best, #30 (Nedor) Schomburg Cover with the Black Terror and Miss Masque.. Male Bondage cover;)

There are only 5 on the census. The book looks at least Fine-(5.5) from the front, but there is a strip off the back. Pages are Off-White, Grade is VG- (3.5) Bin is $95

$75

americasbest30_0001.jpg

americasbest30_0002.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

Batman #68, the Return of Two Face , Nice color, nice pages, cover is detached and there is a small tear on the cover (right side) grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet guide is $100 in 2.0 bin is $90 Sold to Sekowskyfan10

batman68_0001.jpg

batman68_0002.jpg

batman68.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #37, Harvey. 1950, Nice color, there is a ½ inch cover split at the bottom and a a smaller split that goes through a bunch of the pages. I just knocked a triangle off examining the split, but the piece is there. That back corner is brittle, so I’m going to downgrade the book to a Fair /Good (1.5) but a very nice looking one. Bin is $25 Sold to Hibou

blackcatmystery37_0002.jpg

blackcatmystery37_0001.jpg