• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine's Claws

54 posts in this topic

Just sitting here I started thinking about how Logan's claws would work. (Nerd alert lol )

The length of the blade cant be any longer than the distance between his wrist and elbow, so that he can still move the joints.

I'm 6'6" so on me the distance is 11 1/2".

If the claws need about an inch to stay in Logan's hand so they anchor down, on me the length of the blade would be 10 1/2"

My girlfriend is 5'5" closer to Logan's height and on her the distance is just under7"

so minus the inch in the hand the blade would be under 6"

That's shorter than the filet knife in the kitchen, and while Wolverine is the best there is at what he does, he'd have to get really close to do it.

large.jpg

(please forgive my cruddy drawings)

Just sitting here I started thinking about how Logan's claws would work. (Nerd alert lol )

The length of the blade cant be any longer than the distance between his wrist and elbow, so that he can still move the joints.

I'm 6'6" so on me the distance is 11 1/2".

If the claws need about an inch to stay in Logan's hand so they anchor down, on me the length of the blade would be 10 1/2"

My girlfriend is 5'5" closer to Logan's height and on her the distance is just under7"

so minus the inch in the hand the blade would be under 6"

That's shorter than the filet knife in the kitchen, and while Wolverine is the best there is at what he does, he'd have to get really close to do it.

large.jpg

(please forgive my cruddy drawings)

What is this Spinal Tap?

inches look like this "

a foot is this '

Nah, they're adamantium and part of the process that was done to him. I guess they replace those old bone growths he was born with.

I'm sure I remember an Xmen story where Magneto rips the adamantium from Wolverines body, leaving boney claws sticking out of his hands.

Isn't that assuming that Wolverine's wingspan is the same as your GF's?
He may have longish monkey arms hm

He certainly does when Kieth is drawing him.

:sick:

Nah, they're adamantium and part of the process that was done to him. I guess they replace those old bone growths he was born with.

I'm sure I remember an Xmen story where Magneto rips the adamantium from Wolverines body, leaving boney claws sticking out of his hands.

Unfortunately you're correct :(

Isn't that assuming that Wolverine's wingspan is the same as your GF's?
He may have longish monkey arms hm

He certainly does when Kieth is drawing him.

Joe Mad! Too

If they retract at an angle they could be longer...

how the heck do they work anyway...

well...I'm a doctor and the tongue is still a bit of a mystery to me...probably like that.

Equally - they are indestructible but they have to be attached to some part of him, so presumably they could be ripped out? :sick:

They did warn Daken that his one adamantium claw wouldn't be as stable without the metal bones....I don't really know what bones have to do with it, you think he'd need adamantium tendons holding them in there.

They did warn Daken that his one adamantium claw wouldn't be as stable without the metal bones....I don't really know what bones have to do with it, you think he'd need adamantium tendons holding them in there.

Doesn't his healing factor kinda give him those?

Doesn't his healing factor kinda give him those?

Daken's got a healing factor too :shrug:

At least in Havok & Wolverine mini the artist's interpretation gives enough upper forearm room for the "housings" that holds the claws in place... of course that's thinking in pre "Origin" terms hm

havok-and-wolverine_zps6f504eb1.jpg