• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question concerning getting holder without grading???

6 posts in this topic

I have several autographed mads in addition to my CGC Graded collection that have been PSA/DNA certified, photo proof of others etc... what I wonder is if CGC would simply encapsulate these various books in holders without a Cert Number or a grade. I just would like to see my Mad Magazines with these autographs protected in an impressive holder. For instance I have a certified Mad #121 where all 4 beatles signed the cover with photo proof etc, but the magazine itself is probably a 3.0 and having it graded seems pointless and the grade plastered on the label might even detract from what is being presented which is the autographs...

Presently I keep them in either mylar bags or those acrylic holders that have no top flap.

They will not...

Can't explain why or how, all I know is they won't

that is also my understanding. If you just want the encapsulation, you can just buy your own high quality case (in many cases cheaper) and still have access to the comic if you want read it for whatever reason.

Even more distracting than the grade itself is the fact that they will end up in green, "qualified" slabs.

just take the grade hit for the unauthorized sigs and take blue labels, IF you definitely want the slabbing.

Even more distracting than the grade itself is the fact that they will end up in green, "qualified" slabs.

just take the grade hit for the unauthorized sigs and take blue labels, IF you definitely want the slabbing.

True, and it will still say "name written in ink", for better or worse.

I'm curious how big of a hit a comic gets for having a typical sized signature on the cover in marker.

I have a blue label that took a "grade hit" to 9.6 for having two signatures on the interior cover.