• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #54

9 posts in this topic

Well, I guess you knew this was coming. This one I think is better than my #55. I'm not sure which is tougher, the black cover on #54 or the white on #55.

Anyway, one note. The stuff on the top right corner that appears to be rubbing is actually dirt. The cover is extremely glossy, both front and back. I think a clean and press would make it look much better, though I'm not sure if it would be enough to raise the technical grade. But those marks aren't rubbing, this this is shiny like a mirror. As a result I expect it looks better in hand than in these scans.

I have a second copy I will be picking up later this week and will be scanning as well. I don't think it's quite as nice as this, but I don't have it in hand yet to check. I'll be curious to see how they stack up against each other.

Also THE SCAN IS NOT CROPPED RIGHT. I am aware of this. Thank you.

SCAN0248.jpg

SCAN0249.jpg

Gosh, post a scan that's not cropped right and everyone's OCD blows up the internet.

As I mentioned in the other books I've posted, I'm still fighting with my scanner to get it to actually scan the entire book. I'm working on it.

Do a scan preview first, then you should be able to decide the scan area.

As for grade I'd say 6.0 with a chance at 6.5, mind you that's without seeing the top edge :whistle:

Okay, okay. I scanned the top edge.

See, it's fine!!!

topedge.jpg

Nah, I'm just messing with you.

I'm definitely working on getting the scans right, though. For some reason it seems like it cuts off the bottom edge (this was canned upside down) no matter where I place the book on the scanning bed. I moved this up a good half inch from the last batch of scans and it still cut off the bottom edge.

I'll try to do a preview first, but my scanner is :screwy: