• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

I don't want a lowered standard of proof. My problem is that here a high standard standard has been met and little action has been taken.

UPSMAILFRAWD was selling nm copies of IH 181 he did not own for well over a year. With even a cursory investigation you could link the shill bidders from one closed account to the more recent purchases on his new account. He even used the same scans!

I am all for due process. But it seems ebay either does not have a functional process or if it does it is not enforcing it.

I'd have to know more about that example of shilling--sounds highly circumstantial from your description.

Related to the auction being discussed in the thread, has Wally contacted them yet? He's the person in the best position to get the auction yanked since he has the original version of the image with the CGC label in it.

I think this is the same guy still doing it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-1st-Full-Wolverine-App-w-Marvel-Value-Stamp-NEAR-MINT-/281142304559?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4175631f2f

I don't want a lowered standard of proof. My problem is that here a high standard standard has been met and little action has been taken.

UPSMAILFRAWD was selling nm copies of IH 181 he did not own for well over a year. With even a cursory investigation you could link the shill bidders from one closed account to the more recent purchases on his new account. He even used the same scans!

I am all for due process. But it seems ebay either does not have a functional process or if it does it is not enforcing it.

I'd have to know more about that example of shilling--sounds highly circumstantial from your description.

Related to the auction being discussed in the thread, has Wally contacted them yet? He's the person in the best position to get the auction yanked since he has the original version of the image with the CGC label in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-1st-Full-Wolverine-App-w-Marvel-Value-Stamp-NEAR-MINT-/281142304559?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4175631f2f

After studying them I think they are all picture of the same book.

Interestingly that same seller has two Hulk 181's that have sold. And both with positive feedback. Looks like he might have just found a stash of Hulk 181's.

I dont think so. Check the shills that buy small items from him. You will notice they have purchased from other comic book sellers whose accounts are now closed to public viewing. And you can link each shill account to every other, through purchases made with the same sellers.

He has been doing it for years.

Edited by The-Collector

Yes, UPSMAILFRAWD and collectors_gone_wild are still this guy who was also this guy.

He's been doing this for years. eBay cares not what he does. Exactly why I don't go there anymore.

Yes, UPSMAILFRAWD and collectors_gone_wild are still this guy who was also this guy.

He's been doing this for years. eBay cares not what he does. Exactly why I don't go there anymore.

Thanks. I knew you knew. I was only pointing it out to refute Fantastic Four.

Being a good seller is a lot of hard work. Better to spend all day giving yourself false feedback on several different accounts. Maybe he does it on his phone while he's delivering pizzas, just waiting for that one big sale to make all that easy work pay off.

Seriously, I can't figure out the value of that kind of effort.

Here's another listing for AF #15 from a zero seller.

He claims he's had this book since 2001, yet the 2 pics of the front cover that he provides shows 2 entirely different books. One has a piece missing on the edge (in the building area) and the other doesn't. :facepalm:

He claims he's had this book since 2001, yet the 2 pics of the front cover that he provides shows 2 entirely different books. One has a piece missing on the edge (in the building area) and the other doesn't. :facepalm:

These guys are giving N.C. a really good name.

You must admire his "gotta start somewhere" attitude. What better book for an untried entity but one of the biggest grails of the comics market?

These guys are giving N.C. a really good name.

reported

Well, at least he/she explains it in the revised description:

"It has come to my attention from eBay memebers that my first two photos do not match up. This is correct, I fear in my carelessness when I took cover photo two I accidentally took out peice of the front cover all from its side. I apologize I did not see this error. Thanks for users pointing it out to me."

Doesn't appear too concerned that this accident cost him/her thousands of dollars.

Not addressed: the countless other things that make the two pictures not the same book.